C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Blower Motor

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 10:09 PM
So Calm
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower Motor

After discovering my leaky heater core I pulled the heater box. I was working on getting the rust off with a dremmel tool today and found a big hole in the corner that the previous owner had tried to patch with fiberglass.

He either didn't do a good job or this wasn't a good idea to start with. My question is 3 fold. Should I ditch the box and go with a new one? What is the best dremmel head to use on rust? (my stainless steel brush got ate up in 20mins.) And what brand aftermarket parts are consistently correct (in fit) yet economical?

Hope to see you all in Penn next week.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Pilot Dan
Le Mans Master

Received 431 Likes on 321 Posts

If you can find someone in your area that has a bead blaster, have it stripped down to bear metal and post us a picture so we can see what you have to work with. You have lots of repair options since this part is not visible, such as welding, or some epoxy with mesh might be enough depending on the size of the repair. Pilot Dan

Quick Reply: Blower Motor