C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

'54 "corpalla" update (pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 05:50 AM
joshtried
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Default '54 "corpalla" update (pic heavy)

well, its been quite a while since ive shown any progress to yall.. so here it is in all its "glory", the car was ever so lovingly dubbed "corpalla".
trying to go in order of what i did.. i installed a radiator and core support. good times, minus the fact that this "hardly used because the previous owner wanted it updated" rad leaks..

also put in a transmission cooler and updated the front brakes

i painted the calipers red instead of the bare metal that they came as

i pulled the radio for a forum member, cause i didnt want to deal with it, and found out it was a friggin ford radio...

i think id rather have it stay like this for a while

i moved the fuse panel to the passenger side (theres tons of room there anyways...) and cleaned it up a bit, taping stuffs together.

after that i got the oil pressure gauge working and "installed" a new temp gauge.. eventually going to get the original fixed.. but that'll be a while

after i did that, i figured it was time to get a brake pedal.. so i did, and then i installed that and the master cylinder, as well as running all the brake lines. i even forgot i ordered a set of brake lines from willcox due to family issues, so i connected some lines as i saw fit. (in all fairness, they sent a very respectful note saying sorry its late). i have not yet bled the brake system, so hopefully all is well there.. if not, i guess we'll find out soon enough

i also figured out how to make my gas work considering the engine sat where the gas pedal hinge was before.

after that i re-welded my engine mounts in place. i didnt trust the welds the other guy did at all.. he took sooooo long to weld them, and he had his speed too high so he was bouncing all over the place. while i was at it, since i cut out the section of frame that previously held the e-brake cable down, i welded it in place too

with all the welding out of the way, i can finally get to installing the steering stuffs (not done yet)

anyways.. ive been hard at work trying to get this thing just driveable.. i know the wife will really appreciate it, and maybe even get off my back a bit about dumping thousands of dollars into a car that "doesnt drive". she understands more than her parents, but is still in the "we could use the money for this instead" mode. once its drivable, i know she'll want it street legal.. so thatll make things that much easier.
as far as im aware, all i really need parts wise to get it drivable are rims and tires that fit the front brakes (15x7's, with hopefully 16x8's in back.. just need fronts to drive though)

a shifter

and a tranny yoke. i dont know what kinda shape the back brakes are in, but ima check them out once i get the rest of this.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:53 PM
narlee
Melting Slicks

Received 146 Likes on 69 Posts

Looks like you've been busy.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:44 PM
haccpguy
54 Vette Rod
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looking good. It is really coming along.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

Interesting project. Can't wait to see it done.

Get notified of new replies

To '54 "corpalla" update (pic heavy)

Quick Reply: '54 "corpalla" update (pic heavy)