C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

C2 Headlight Bucket Allignment

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 12:37 PM
64con
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default C2 Headlight Bucket Allignment

can someone help with information on headlight bucket allignment. I can't seem to find any info on the subject.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:59 PM
blkc6z51
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 64con
can someone help with information on headlight bucket allignment. I can't seem to find any info on the subject.
Here read these threads,should help you out.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sear...rchid=15300551
Old 03-06-2010, 01:02 PM
64con
Pro

Originally Posted by blkc6z51
Here read these threads,should help you out.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sear...rchid=15300551
the link didn't work thanks for the reply though
Old 03-06-2010, 01:09 PM
66BlkBB
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 48 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17

What are you having problems with??? There are three (if I remember correctly) adjustment bolts on each side of the bucket. (I took the headlight motors off so I could turn the buckets by hand.) You loosen those and move the bucket to get the correct alignment. You will have to snug a couple up and rotate the bucket to see if you have it set correctly. Just keep working with them and you'll be able to figure out what you have to do to get the style lines to match up. Good luck.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:19 PM
64con
Pro

Originally Posted by 66BlkBB
What are you having problems with??? There are three (if I remember correctly) adjustment bolts on each side of the bucket. (I took the headlight motors off so I could turn the buckets by hand.) You loosen those and move the bucket to get the correct alignment. You will have to snug a couple up and rotate the bucket to see if you have it set correctly. Just keep working with them and you'll be able to figure out what you have to do to get the style lines to match up. Good luck.
thanks for the reply. i have taken out the motor and i have loosend the three bolts on each side of the bucket and can't seem to get the proper fit. the bucket seems to be sticking out from the rest of the body especially on the outer pivet. i'll go and see if maybe i have to loosen some more but .........i don't think i need to loosen the bolts any more to free things up.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:49 PM
66BlkBB
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 48 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17

thanks for the reply. i have taken out the motor and i have loosend the three bolts on each side of the bucket and can't seem to get the proper fit. the bucket seems to be sticking out from the rest of the body especially on the outer pivet. i'll go and see if maybe i have to loosen some more but .........i don't think i need to loosen the bolts any more to free things up.

Has the car been hit??? My car had front end damage and I couldn't get the left side bucket to match style lines until I figured out that the style line coming up to the front of the fender was higher than it should have been. I had to reconstruct that area to get it correct. If yours has been hit, the person who repaired it may not have had the buckets in place to get the correct lines between the center front, the bucket and the curve on the fender.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:54 PM
64con
Pro

Originally Posted by 66BlkBB
Has the car been hit??? My car had front end damage and I couldn't get the left side bucket to match style lines until I figured out that the style line coming up to the front of the fender was higher than it should have been. I had to reconstruct that area to get it correct. If yours has been hit, the person who repaired it may not have had the buckets in place to get the correct lines between the center front, the bucket and the curve on the fender.
the car hasn't been hit.....i got the car appraised and they stated that the car has never been hit. thanks for the replies i do appreciate the help
Old 03-06-2010, 02:48 PM
7vettes
Race Director

Location: If I say it's safe to surf this beach ......then it's safe to surf this beach
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

....... information on headlight bucket allignment. I can't seem to find any info on the subject.
These 3 pics cover bucket removal & reinstallation as outlined in the Chassis Service Manual. Para 15 a, b, c and d is key to getting a flush alignment. If you want to keep these instructions, print or save them soon because I may need the space in Photobucket............

Edit to add note: If these are the proceedures you've been following, then it might help if you posted pics of the buckets showing the problem area.

Last edited by 7vettes; 03-10-2010 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Pics deleted
Old 03-06-2010, 04:15 PM
64con
Pro

thanks 7vettes. i have printed the info
Old 05-13-2015, 06:51 PM
V8Heart
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 7vettes
These 3 pics cover bucket removal & reinstallation as outlined in the Chassis Service Manual. Para 15 a, b, c and d is key to getting a flush alignment. If you want to keep these instructions, print or save them soon because I may need the space in Photobucket............

Edit to add note: If these are the procedures you've been following, then it might help if you posted pics of the buckets showing the problem area.
Is there a way I can get those pics?
I have the assembly manual but it doesn't seem to help...
Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To C2 Headlight Bucket Allignment

Quick Reply: C2 Headlight Bucket Allignment