C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

help with carb fuel line

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 06:28 PM
1Redctoo
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default help with carb fuel line

I'm just about to hook up the fuel line to my new holley 4160 replacement carb and ....... where the fuel line attaches is a banjo type fitting for a fuel "hose" and not a hard fuel line . Does Holley or anyone else make an adaptor so I can attach the hard line to the carb without a hose ? The engine is the base 327/300 (1966) .
I could alway BUBBA it and cut the hard line and attach a small hose to it and the banjo but I REALLY don't want to to that .
Old 03-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Subfixer
POSSE ZR-1 Driver
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 105 Likes on 68 Posts

If you use the L76 fuel lines and filter from the fuel pump up, it will look like stock. The stock Holley 2818 has the same hose fitting on the Carb.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:42 PM
66since71
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you still have the old carb, why not just swap the fuel bowls, and use the original hard tubing fuel line?
Harry
Old 03-30-2010, 09:02 PM
1Redctoo
Pro

Default fuel line to carb

unfortunately I've never had the original carb .
The fuel filter and L79 line might be an option .
I thought when I bought this carb it would be a direct replacement .The Holley tech wasn't much help . Sure wish they made something to replace the banjo fitting with a hard line hook up .
Old 03-30-2010, 10:36 PM
JoeCool66
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I had the same problem… check these guys out http://www.purechoicemotorsports.com/index.cfm

I was able to take a banjo fitting to a AN fitting and made my own fuel line. At the pump I added a small in-line filter (low and out of sight). Looks close to stock. These guys were very helpful.

Joe
Old 03-30-2010, 11:31 PM
1Redctoo
Pro

Default fuel line to carb

Joe- thanks for the link , I'll call them tomorrow . Looks like if I use a couple of theri adaptors it will actually work !
Old 04-01-2010, 08:28 PM
1Redctoo
Pro

Joe - called the guys at purechoicemotosports today . They were helpfull and knew exactly what I need and will ship it out tomorrow . I'm just hoping that with the adaptor the air cleaner base and all will clear .
Thanks again for the link . Gary
Old 04-02-2010, 08:22 AM
JoeCool66
Burning Brakes

Gary, I have the stock air cleaner and had no issues with clearance. My Holley’s fuel connection is on the left. I oriented the banjo down and low and kept the line close to the carb. I routed the line to basically follow the stock set up. If your setup is similar, you should be fine.

The guy at Pure Choice is very helpful and knowledgeable. He was able to help me with my fuel line and also when I installed a shutoff valve at the tank. Someone on the forum turned me on to these guys so I’m glad to pass on the favor… Let us know what happens.

Joe
Old 04-02-2010, 08:28 AM
JoeCool66
Burning Brakes

I should mention, while I was at it, I replaced the flexible hose from the hard line to the pump with a heavy duty hose. I went to my local speed & custom performance shop and got this very thick, reinforced hose. It’s black and looks almost stock but much tougher. Also did the hose in the rear (with a shut off).

Get notified of new replies

To help with carb fuel line

Quick Reply: help with carb fuel line