C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Midyears ranked #1 amongst coolest cars ever made

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 02:41 AM
LouieM
Race Director

Received 3,081 Likes on 1,261 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sttexan
To me the XKE conv.,C2,Ferrari 275 GTB/S (NART) were the Epitome of 60s styling. They are possibly the most interesting and beautiful auto designs of any era. IMHO
Exactly my list of top-3 cars of all time!
Old 09-14-2010, 02:45 AM
MiguelsC2
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13

Originally Posted by 65 vette dude
but a pretty lame top 100 cars list. How can you not include a GTO in the list, or a 57 Corvette, or 57 BelAir? How about the 69 Camaro or the 55-57 Tbirds? I guess these cars are not in the same league as the 1951 Hudson, and a VW Micro Bus(whatever that is), which are in the top 100.

I will say, my all time favorite Jags were the D types. Especially the racers.

Last edited by MiguelsC2; 09-14-2010 at 02:53 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:48 AM
stratplus
Drifting

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I took my son's 25 year old girlfriend for a ride one day, and when we got back to the house, as she got out of the car, she said,"why doesn't America make cars like this any more?" Another day I was in the my garage changing my oil and a women and her 10 year old son pulled in my driveway. I went out to her car and she introduced herself as a neighbor who lives on the other side of the lake from me. She said every time we drive by your house my son tells me that he hopes your garage door is open, and for me to slow down if it is so he can see your car. She asked me if it was alright if her son could go in my garage and looked at my car. "Absolutely," I said......in fact, if you don't mind, I'm getting ready to go for a little cruise, and I will take Mike with me and bring him back to your house. I've never seen a kid get so excited......Please Mom.....Pleaseeeee! Well needles to say, Mikey is hooked for life. I have no doubt that one day, he will be a C2 owner.
That is a ride that kid will remember for the rest of his life.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:31 PM
jomphe50
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took my son's 25 year old girlfriend for a ride one day, and when we got back to the house, as she got out of the car, she said,"why doesn't America make cars like this any more?" Another day I was in the my garage changing my oil and a women and her 10 year old son pulled in my driveway. I went out to her car and she introduced herself as a neighbor who lives on the other side of the lake from me. She said every time we drive by your house my son tells me that he hopes your garage door is open, and for me to slow down if it is so he can see your car. She asked me if it was alright if her son could go in my garage and looked at my car. "Absolutely," I said......in fact, if you don't mind, I'm getting ready to go for a little cruise, and I will take Mike with me and bring him back to your house. I've never seen a kid get so excited......Please Mom.....Pleaseeeee! Well needles to say, Mikey is hooked for life. I have no doubt that one day, he will be a C2 owner.
Well a week ago I visited my auntie 91 years young, 150 miles from me and living in a veteran home (Yes we had female staff at WW2,not in combat but nursing etc over here in Finland fighting the commies).So I called her 15 mins before arrival that I`m not driving my Volvo but something much cooler,a 1964 Vette with no mufflers.All the veterans were sitting at the front yard in a shady area when I arrived.I jumped out of the CAR and they asked:what the heck is that noisy thing,an UFO,Batmobile or Messerschmitt?I answered,well this was America back in the ´60`s.So I took my dear auntie to the local Pharmacy to get her pills and she said:this thing you are driving is very loud even though my hearing is getting weaker after all these hours I`ve been listening to Led Zeppelin.The lesson learned is:It`s not your age that counts but the way you look at your life!Sorry my broken english.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:44 PM
project63
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

.... She asked me if it was alright if her son could go in my garage and looked at my car. "Absolutely," I said......in fact, if you don't mind, I'm getting ready to go for a little cruise, and I will take Mike with me and bring him back to your house. I've never seen a kid get so excited......Please Mom.....Pleaseeeee! Well needles to say, Mikey is hooked for life. I have no doubt that one day, he will be a C2 owner.
Way to go Gary !! I had one of those rides when was 8. IVe nEvER bEEN riGHt SInce tHeN. Mail him a picture of the car for him to put on his wall. As mentioned previously, he will never forget your gesture or the ride in the car as long as he lives. Something magical just happens in the brain.

tc

Quick Reply: Midyears ranked #1 amongst coolest cars ever made