C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*General Grand Sport Topic*

Old 04-03-2019, 09:46 AM
Mr. Wizzard
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Recieved 52 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm not familiar with your injector set-up, but my cross-ram individual throttle body combination works wonderfully. I have have a vacuum "plenum" of sorts for the MAP sensor, and I'm using the Holley Dominator ECU.....which I might add, has tuned itself! Throttle response is instantaneous....it'll "bark" at you.
It cranks and lights off quickly, regardless of temperature, and I couldn't be happier with it. While I still have plenty to fool with on my car, screwing with a carburetor isn't part of it.
Perhaps you should have used a combination from Kinsler. Their linkage is like jewelry...
The following users liked this post:
NW-99SS (04-03-2019)
Old 04-20-2019, 05:29 PM
Mr. Wizzard
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

It only took me eight years to make my lightweight C2 instrument cluster. It uses the custom Classic Instruments gauges I've been using in my flat panel dash. I even planted a clear shift light in the center just below the turn signal indicators. Couldn't resist putting my company logo in the trip odometer....
Overall, I think it's a great improvement.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mr. Wizzard:
jim lockwood (04-22-2019), NW-99SS (04-22-2019)
Old 04-21-2019, 12:11 PM
Bill GS
CF Senior Member

Recieved 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you make the faceplate from a 63 cluster or have you own cast? I know there was someone trying to make a plastic cast cluster like the original light weight GS parts.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:34 PM
Mr. Wizzard
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

We pulled a rubber mold, (actually three) from the piece that's in the car. It began life as a broken C2 cluster I found on Ebay for $200.00. After a lot of welding (really touchy with pot metal), grinding, sawing, etc, I was able to reduce it to essentially a flat backed panel. Making the gauge buckets accept my Classic instruments also very time consuming. The instruments mount in from the back-side, so they.re essentially pressed into place from the rear. I'm using non-GM accessories because they're too bulky and heavy (remember, I'm all about weight). I cast small housings for the LED's (turn signals) from Devcon Liquid Aluminum and they fit in the back-side like they were made for it.
After a lot of cursing about junk Chinese lights, we found that those little LED's are sensitive to positioning (positive/negative)!
Once I get a descent part from my latest mold, I'll replace the cluster, but right now, I'm really digging the way it looks.
Bill GS (04-22-2019)
Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM
Taliban Butcher

Recieved 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My new toy

Just bought this a couple weeks ago.

I took the decals off later.

NW-99SS (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:09 PM
NW-99SS
CF Senior Member

Recieved 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *General Grand Sport Topic*

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: