C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1966 convertible brake issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 03:17 PM
George Jongeling
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1966 convertible brake issue

I have experienced brake fluid leakage from my right rear inside caliper piston. Had it sent out for repair and it is again leaking after a number of years. Is there a shop recommended in the Boston or Metro west area I could take it to for a repair? The leakage is in the piston and I don't want to try to remove it myself.
george Jongeling
Old 01-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Tampa Jerry
Le Mans Master

Received 1,335 Likes on 967 Posts

Default Leaking caliper

I would rebuild all the calipers with O-rings and new pistons. I have found this is a great solution for a car that is driven infrequently. The kit is less than $150 for all four wheels and is not difficult to do. Add a set of Speed Bleeders and you can bleed the system by yourself. If you do not have calipers that have been sleeved in SS, now would be the time to do it. If you want to send them out, I use Vette Brakes and Products in St. Pete, FL. They are local for me and have always treated me well. Jerry
Old 01-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Blk63Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Almost everyone I know has stainless steel sleeves..Well worth the money..
Old 01-04-2011, 08:15 AM
muskegonbrake
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you would like your calipers sleeved and rebuilt I would be happy to help with that. Let me know if you're interested.

Andrew
800-442-0335

Originally Posted by George Jongeling
I have experienced brake fluid leakage from my right rear inside caliper piston. Had it sent out for repair and it is again leaking after a number of years. Is there a shop recommended in the Boston or Metro west area I could take it to for a repair? The leakage is in the piston and I don't want to try to remove it myself.
george Jongeling

Get notified of new replies

To 1966 convertible brake issue

Quick Reply: 1966 convertible brake issue