C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

2011 Hot Rod Power Tour

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 12:27 PM
mikey
Melting Slicks

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

Default 2011 Hot Rod Power Tour

ok, due to the risk of hijacking RJ's restomod build thread, moving this piece of discussion to a dedicated thread..

who is planning to long haul the HRPT this year? who is planning to just do smaller sections?

this will be my first power tour and I will be long hauling. if anyone wants to head over from the Tampa area to Cocoa Beach, let me know.

hope to meet several of you while on the tour!
Old 03-23-2011, 01:46 PM
devildog
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: fighter pilots make movies, bomber pilots make history
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike,

Is there a site where I can get some info on the Power Tour. Do not know much about it.

Thanks

Joe
Old 03-23-2011, 02:23 PM
narlee
Melting Slicks

Received 146 Likes on 69 Posts

http://www.hotrod.com/powertour/2011...ion/index.html

Looking forward to this some day. Trouble is living out here we have a Power Tour just to get to the "Power Tour".
Old 03-23-2011, 02:52 PM
John McGraw
Safety Car

Received 114 Likes on 74 Posts

Mikey,

I am making the long haul this year, but I am not taking one of my Corvettes. I am taking the 67 Chevelle Station Wagon resto-mod that I just completed. It will be nice to finally have some cargo and luggage room for a road trip!

Regards, John McGraw
Old 03-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Sky65
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 613 Likes on 368 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05, '09, '15

My wife and I are going....Long haul in the 65.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:20 PM
devildog
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: fighter pilots make movies, bomber pilots make history
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by devildog
Mike,

Is there a site where I can get some info on the Power Tour. Do not know much about it.

Thanks

Joe
Thanks Gary

Joe
Old 03-23-2011, 08:28 PM
midyearmb
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trying to prepare my 64 conv. (new engine and rear). This will be my first and I am planning for the long haul.
Mike
Old 03-23-2011, 09:39 PM
Beach Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Mike, no issue on hijacking my thread, you were the one that started talking about the Power Tour. I will probably drive over to Cocoa Beach Friday night, tried to get Friday off, but doesn't look promising, running the first leg to Valdosta, Ga. then back to Paradise for work the following week.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:59 PM
mikey
Melting Slicks

very cool all.. drop me an email (see profile) as you definitize plans. I'm winging it a bit, haven't made many hotel arrangements or anything.. will bum with friends where I can. never done this before, so wasn't sure what happens when everyone gets to next destination.. i assume a gathering and such, but when do folks usually break for the evening and go find lodging? are the gathering locations for each city at an "official" hotel?
Old 03-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Beach Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Mike, I checked the Power Tour website, they have hotels listed with a hyperlink, supposedly rooms at discounted rates. I have not made any reservations yet, but probably will within 2-3 weeks. 2 nights in Cocoa Beach and possibly 1 in Valdosta or will hang out till 9-10:00 pm in Valdosta and make the 4 hr run back South.

I am expecting evening car shows/gearheads bench racing etc.

Any idea what Tracy may bring?
Old 03-23-2011, 10:48 PM
mikey
Melting Slicks

yeah i did some more "homework" .. appears events all occur at a fairgrounds or park or track of some sort at each stop, so any way you slice it you're driving back to a hotel each night.
i'll figure out where i got friends and then book hotels for the rest i suppose! as a habitual procrastinator, i'll wait until last minute to secure lodging i'm sure.

not sure what tracy will bring. i'm going down there sunday to charge up the vintage air a/c so i'll talk with him about it some more.

just past 1000 miles on mine now, pretty much all in the last 2 weeks. mostly sorted, just a few hit list items left. after that, it will just be the "it is never DONE" list of improvements that have no need or priority.

-mikey

Get notified of new replies

To 2011 Hot Rod Power Tour

Quick Reply: 2011 Hot Rod Power Tour