C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Gas Price Rebellion has started!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 01:33 AM
Kerrmudgeon
Race Director

Received 4,583 Likes on 2,157 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Default Gas Price Rebellion has started!

when I tried to get this going here, I had no idea it was already in motion here in Canada. this is the email I got today......

People- use your email, your facebook, your twitter, and your texts.
Worldwide!

GAS WAR STARTS MAY 1st.

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.00 PER LITRE.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!
It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 1.50 a litre by this summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action.
The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas ..

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.
BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $.99 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $1.28 at SUNOCO and ESSO for regular unleaded in Hamilton and Ottawa and climbing every week.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $.87 to .99, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies which now are SUNOCO (PETRO CANADA ) and ESSO.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of SUNOCO(PETRO CANADA ) and ESSO gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point....keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) .... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000).... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers .
If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

(If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician But I am .. so trust me on this one.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we
can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from SUNOCO(PETRO CANADA )/ESSO UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $.79 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

REMEMBER – STARTING MAY 1st
NO GAS FROM
ESSO / PETROCAN / SUNOCO
Old 05-06-2011, 08:09 AM
raypilot65
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Only one problem. I hate receiving those "pass it on to ten people" e-mails and never pass it on. This is a much more important cause, but the math is based on everyone doing it. Good luck, I'll do it! By the way, the news yesterday said that oil was down 8.6% to below $100/ BBL, and that gasoline futures were down 23 cents/gal. Gas prices were down slightly at the pumps for the first time since the increases started. Analysts suggested that gas might go down to $3.50 but that we'll never see $2.00 again.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:48 AM
Steve59
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I watch the military channel and the ****'s were running their war machine on synthetic gas made from coal. Whatever happened to that technology?
Old 05-06-2011, 08:48 AM
BobMcJ
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres the problem with that idea. You will not hurt the big oil companys, you will just hurt the local owner of the gas station. What most people don't know is that all of the oil companies put gas into the same pipe line. Then all if the trucks (no mater what the lable is on the side) pull it out at the same filling station. So as long as one station is buying it out of the filling station then all of the oil companies will be getting a piece of the pie.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:49 AM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

I received this too and frankly I'm prepared to give it a try. Fortunately easier and less expensive options are readily available to me. I live close by a Costco gas station and can at off hours to avoid the senselessly long lineups, and our drives up to the cottage include Ultramar stations which are always below the Esso/Shell competition. A drop in prices is most welcome with an approaching summer of cruising, boating and trailering. Looks like a reprieve for the beer budget!

By autumn we'll see what happens from this action but it does look like prices are falling anyway.

Get notified of new replies

To Gas Price Rebellion has started!

Quick Reply: Gas Price Rebellion has started!