C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1957 Powerglide - parts help

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 05:47 PM
black1961
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 1957 Powerglide - parts help

Need help finding a correct speedometer gear fitting and retainer for my cast iron powerglide? Also, will need a vendor source and recommendation on the best speedometer drive gear (# of teeth) to start with? Paragon does not list many parts for the cast iron powerglides. I have included some photos to accompany my questions.

What is the correct kickdown linkage for a 57 Fuelie? I don't think this linkage is correct. Any vendors sell the correct linkage?

I bolted up the automatic shifter, but the clevis included with the shifter will not fit the shift lever on the transmission. Any ideas on where I can get a correct sized clevis? Would a transmission shop be able to help?

Lastly, I need a correct drain plug for the transmission. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Paul
Old 06-05-2011, 07:46 PM
1955 copper
Safety Car

Received 207 Likes on 149 Posts
2015 C1 of Year

Originally Posted by black1961
Need help finding a correct speedometer gear fitting and retainer for my cast iron powerglide? Also, will need a vendor source and recommendation on the best speedometer drive gear (# of teeth) to start with? Paragon does not list many parts for the cast iron powerglides. I have included some photos to accompany my questions.

What is the correct kickdown linkage for a 57 Fuelie? I don't think this linkage is correct. Any vendors sell the correct linkage?

I bolted up the automatic shifter, but the clevis included with the shifter will not fit the shift lever on the transmission. Any ideas on where I can get a correct sized clevis? Would a transmission shop be able to help?

Lastly, I need a correct drain plug for the transmission. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Paul
1 Speedo retainer are all the same for cast iron PG's Corvette or Car
2 Speedo gear depends on rear end gearing (by color)
3 FI linkage is FI only I think there repro'ed
4 Clevis pin showing is wrong , try calling Corvette dealers
5 PG drain plug same as any Car square head , hole on "bottom" case has no plug
Old 12-22-2011, 08:05 PM
57FIPG
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wondering how you made out with the kick-down linkage. Did the parts you have in the picture work ???
I am looking for 57 injected powerglide kick-down linkage myself...

Thanks Joe
Old 10-08-2012, 09:49 PM
MIZZOU
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too have a 57 powerglide F.I. Car. I think the kickdown linkage on it is off a passenger car. does anyone out there know the dofference?

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To 1957 Powerglide - parts help

Quick Reply: 1957 Powerglide - parts help