C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

"Miracle" cleaner for electrical contacts and controls

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 12:57 AM
rwerth7
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default "Miracle" cleaner for electrical contacts and controls

Wanted to pass this on.

Super Contact Cleaner by MG Chemicals

Some examples of how I've used it:

1) The radio would make loud static noise when the volume was adjusted. Sprayed the cleaner into the volume mechanism and it removed all the static.

2) Dash lights were dim especially on the four plastic indicators in the center dash (no a/c). Sprayed the cleaner into the dash light switch and rotated and pulled the **** a few times. Made a huge difference in the bulb briteness.

3) One of my headlights would go down but not up. Sprayed the cleaner on the contacts of the firewall connector. Viola, the headlights work perfectly now

What the cleaner does is remove any oxidation and corrosion that has built up over the years in all types of electrical contacts, controls, potentiometers and switches. It obviously is not going fix a broken part
but for cars our age corrosion and oxidation can be a major problem with any type of electrical contact.

Give it a try before you replace an electrical part.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:11 AM
Bowtyeguy
Le Mans Master

Received 513 Likes on 354 Posts

Where did you buy it?
Old 06-09-2011, 10:39 AM
rwerth7
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I got it from Vetco in Bellevue WA. You can also get it over the internet. Do a search on: Super Contact Cleaner by MG Chemicals.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:26 PM
66since71
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are several products there that work well. I've been using DeOxit for years. It's amazing and is considered the best of the contact cleaners among antique radio restorers.

Harry

Get notified of new replies

To "Miracle" cleaner for electrical contacts and controls

Quick Reply: "Miracle" cleaner for electrical contacts and controls