C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

HEADLIGHTS won't FLIP OVER

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 02:00 PM
Jims66
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

I leave my lights open (not on) most of the time. Don't want to be doing the turn and turn and turn and turn thing in a parking lot somewhere....... The motors work but real slow..... I'm waiting for them to just die one of these days (I mean nights).
Old 09-13-2011, 10:46 PM
Bruce Wayne
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by corvetteed
Yep, a lot really means A LOT! You'll need to keep turning and turning that little wheel and you'll think nothing is happening, but, it is. Also, its a good idea, even if you never use the lights, because you're always driving in the daytime, to flip the switch to move the light buckets up and down at least every time you take the car out, just to keep everything in there from getting gunked up and too hard to move.
This is some really good advice. I've found that the more you cycle them, the better they operate.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:25 PM
conv63cpe
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might read the following thread. It discusses the problem that you could be having in the switch that causes them to rotate up or down.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-a...wn-switch.html

Thanks Dwight

Quick Reply: HEADLIGHTS won't FLIP OVER