C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

67 Parking Brake

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 01:31 PM
gtjr
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 67 Parking Brake

67-convertible 327-300 . I just ordered a stainless parking brake kit. I was told by one of the parts stores for corvettes that i should not use both SS shoes and SS brake kit because the two metals could cause a problem. I ordered the SS kit and cad plated brake shoes. Just wanted to know what you think? thanks for any pros or cons George
Old 10-29-2011, 05:26 PM
babbah
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 103 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by gtjr
67-convertible 327-300 . I just ordered a stainless parking brake kit. I was told by one of the parts stores for corvettes that i should not use both SS shoes and SS brake kit because the two metals could cause a problem. I ordered the SS kit and cad plated brake shoes. Just wanted to know what you think? thanks for any pros or cons George
I've had them on my 67 for 30 years! No Problems!
Old 10-29-2011, 09:25 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,859 Likes on 1,102 Posts

Originally Posted by gtjr
They're clueless - it'll work just fine.

Get notified of new replies

To 67 Parking Brake

Quick Reply: 67 Parking Brake