C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

From NOLAND ADAMS Historical Image Library Just Published (SAMPLES PHOTOS INSIDE)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 12:31 AM
0Noland_Adams
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From NOLAND ADAMS Historical Image Library Just Published (SAMPLES PHOTOS INSIDE)

Good News, www.NolandAdams.com published the first phase of their website which includes 3500 historical photographs!

Currently, the man himself, Noland, is organizing his incredible archive of photographs and captioning them, all of which will constitute one of the richest visual histories of his life’s passion, the Chevrolet Corvette. While, he toils through this hard work of organizing his vast library into an invaluable reference, Noland invites you into the site to support him through his efforts and browse what is already organized.

CLICK LINK TO SEE SAMPLES OF PHOTOS INSIDE NolandAdams.com:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JSzuqjUNMo

The collection of photos are supported by his personal stories, including research writings, you’ll experience a first-hand account of Corvette’s origins told by one of its greatest historians. Noland’s goal is to add a unique internet destination for Corvette enthusiasts everywhere that share his love for the car. Inside the site you will find 3500+ unmatched photographs of:

Concepts & Prototype Cars
Design & Development photos/sketches/renditions
Factory Assembly Plant Photo’s
Detailed Technical Photo’s
Vintage Racing
Early Motorama Road Show
Glamorous Press release photo’s and more!

As the site matures, new content will be added continually like blue-prints, historical letters/documents and many other interesting aspects of Corvette history.

Added in phases:

Phase II: Includes the 1963 to 1967 “Search Engine” Library
Phase III: Includes the 1953 to 1966 “Search Engine” Library

This is your chance to be one of the first subscribers to his new incredible website with Founding Member* status! (Membership numbers are given out in the order of enrollment).

Tobey Erhart
Project Administrator

Last edited by Noland_Adams; 11-12-2011 at 12:52 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:28 AM
1955 copper
Safety Car

Received 207 Likes on 149 Posts
2015 C1 of Year

Originally Posted by Noland_Adams
Good News, www.NolandAdams.com published the first phase of their website which includes 3500 historical photographs!

Currently, the man himself, Noland, is organizing his incredible archive of photographs and captioning them, all of which will constitute one of the richest visual histories of his life’s passion, the Chevrolet Corvette. While, he toils through this hard work of organizing his vast library into an invaluable reference, Noland invites you into the site to support him through his efforts and browse what is already organized.

CLICK LINK TO SEE SAMPLES OF PHOTOS INSIDE NolandAdams.com:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JSzuqjUNMo

The collection of photos are supported by his personal stories, including research writings, you’ll experience a first-hand account of Corvette’s origins told by one of its greatest historians. Noland’s goal is to add a unique internet destination for Corvette enthusiasts everywhere that share his love for the car. Inside the site you will find 3500+ unmatched photographs of:

Concepts & Prototype Cars
Design & Development photos/sketches/renditions
Factory Assembly Plant Photo’s
Detailed Technical Photo’s
Vintage Racing
Early Motorama Road Show
Glamorous Press release photo’s and more!

As the site matures, new content will be added continually like blue-prints, historical letters/documents and many other interesting aspects of Corvette history.

Added in phases:

Phase II: Includes the 1963 to 1967 “Search Engine” Library
Phase III: Includes the 1953 to 1966 “Search Engine” Library

This is your chance to be one of the first subscribers to his new incredible website with Founding Member* status! (Membership numbers are given out in the order of enrollment).

Tobey Erhart
Project Administrator
I would like to know that some time ago through on E-Bay Noland offered his web sight for $29.00 which I paid in papal and never could get into the sight saying it was under development. I called Noland and he said that the you Tobey would check into it . So what happened ? Is the $29.00 gone.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:54 AM
jkuzzy
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 68 Posts

I hope things turn out with this and Noland. I really liked the video.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:03 AM
Stewart Allison
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh no I started humming that music that was attached to the You Tube clip ! Good luck with the site I don't know what the format will look like but keep chipping away bit by bit I'm sure something positive will turn out. Stewy
Old 11-12-2011, 09:10 AM
0Noland_Adams
Former Vendor

Hello!

For the fasted service please send me your information in a PM and I can get you all set up once I confirm your payment. Your one year does not begin until you log on for the first time. Or you can call me direct:530-876-6642.

Tobey Erhart
Old 11-12-2011, 09:19 AM
oldsarge
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Hello!

For the fasted service please send me your information in a PM and I can get you all set up once I confirm your payment. Your one year does not begin until you log on for the first time. Or you can call me direct:530-876-6642.

Tobey Erhart

You did not answer, 1955 copper's question.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:31 AM
RoadKing96
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by oldsarge
You did not answer, 1955 copper's question.
Seems to me, besides an answer to he previous question, that 1955 copper should also receive some money back.

As I understand.....it was previously said that the cost for access was to be $19.53. If 1955 copper paid $29.......well you can do the math.

RK
Old 11-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Mark_Milner
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

Am I the only one bothered by the user ID? I mean, using "Noland Adams" and it being Noland writing is one thing. To have "Noland Adams" and it being someone else writing is another.

I've be much more comfortable if it was "Noland Adams Archive" or "Noland Adams Library" or such that shows CLEARLY this is not Noland himself but a corporation.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:41 PM
jim lockwood
Race Director

Received 6,528 Likes on 3,003 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by Mark_Milner
Am I the only one bothered by the user ID?
Nope. You aren't the only one.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:42 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,029 Likes on 1,315 Posts

Am I the only one bothered by the user ID? I mean, using "Noland Adams" and it being Noland writing is one thing. To have "Noland Adams" and it being someone else writing is another.

I've be much more comfortable if it was "Noland Adams Archive" or "Noland Adams Library" or such that shows CLEARLY this is not Noland himself but a corporation.
Funny thing, about a week ago there was a post titled "Nolan Adams Here", which I believe used the same user ID, then claiming to actually be Nolan. I forget if it was here, or in the "Factory Correct Resto" section, but shortly after appearing, it disappeared.

After looking at the youtube link, I hope that the quality of the images on the web site are better than on the youtube sample. They all appeared to be slightly fuzzy. Hopefully this is just be a result of the transfer to youtube, and not indicative of the transfer quality found on the web site.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:50 PM
0Noland_Adams
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 1955 copper
I would like to know that some time ago through on E-Bay Noland offered his web sight for $29.00 which I paid in papal and never could get into the sight saying it was under development. I called Noland and he said that the you Tobey would check into it . So what happened ? Is the $29.00 gone.
I apologize 1955Copper for the delay in gaining access to NolandAdams.com. We have recently opened the doors to the public a few weeks ago.

Noland and I only collected a small handful of pre-subscribers and held back promoting once we discovered some additional work that needed to be completed so the website would function properly.

Your one year subscription will not begin until we have you all set up and I would like to do that today. When I requested your information via PM it was my intention to give you access and refund your all your money, via paypal in hopes to redeem the situation in regards to the delay in getting your membership set up.

I look forward to taking care of this for you and can do so as soon as I can confirm your information. I am here to make it easy, fair and simple. Plus give you access to Noland's collection today.

Tobey Erhart
Project Administrator
Old 11-12-2011, 01:17 PM
0Noland_Adams
Former Vendor

Thank you for this question/comment as it is a valid one. Noland asked me to do it this way, because it is his intention to post letters, take questions and share special stories about his life with forum members.

Soon Noland will be posting another letter here on the forum. Shortly there-after he has a story prepared with some pictures to post, but the postings will be his postings and you will know because it will say from the Desk of Noland. I have been assigned the task of managing his forum account. I will find out from the CF moderator if the name can be changed to NolandAdams.com if it more pleasing. Thank you for the post!

Tobey Erhart
Project Administator
Old 11-12-2011, 01:31 PM
0Noland_Adams
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by gbvette62
Funny thing, about a week ago there was a post titled "Nolan Adams Here", which I believe used the same user ID, then claiming to actually be Nolan. I forget if it was here, or in the "Factory Correct Resto" section, but shortly after appearing, it disappeared.

After looking at the youtube link, I hope that the quality of the images on the web site are better than on the youtube sample. They all appeared to be slightly fuzzy. Hopefully this is just be a result of the transfer to youtube, and not indicative of the transfer quality found on the web site.
Yes, you did see a letter that was actually from Noland last week (the moderator took off because he was not a supporting vendor at that time). As you can see, we are interested in finding out what our customers are saying and paid the fee to become a CF supporting vendor.

Noland has prepared another letter that I will be posting for him soon. He is also excited about sharing stories about his life and experiences too... so keep an eye out!

You are correct about the slightly fuzzy quality of the photos being a result of the transfer on youtube. I can assure you that once you gain access inside NolandAdams.com to see the actual scans, you will be pleased.

Thanks for the post!
Tobey Erhart
Project Administrator
Old 11-12-2011, 01:32 PM
SILENT BOB
Burning Brakes

Location: Tank sticker? I ain't got no tank sticker! I don't need no tank sticker! I don't have to show any stinking tank sticker!
Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Not to throw cold water on this effort to get a ton of historical material out to interested folks, BUT there is a question that has not been asked. That is - who owns the original GM material?

I understand that Noland had access to a huge quantity of GM files and photos, but did GM assign over to him the rights (copyrights and Trade Mark) to the material for release to the public?

I know he has published a number of books with some of this material, but it appears that this latest effort goes well beyond previous work.

It is hard to believe that GM is allowing the sale of access to this material without getting a fee for its use. They charge $$ for copies of GM photos on their web site.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:32 PM
hedgehead
Race Director

Location: I'm not doing as well as I expected, but I never expected I would
Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Stewart Allison
Oh no I started humming that music that was attached to the You Tube clip ! Good luck with the site I don't know what the format will look like but keep chipping away bit by bit I'm sure something positive will turn out. Stewy
Chet Atkins?
Old 11-12-2011, 01:33 PM
0Noland_Adams
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jim lockwood
Nope. You aren't the only one.
I will find out from the CF moderator if the name can be changed to NolandAdams.com if it more pleasing. Thank you for the post!

Tobey Erhart
Project Administrator
Old 11-12-2011, 01:46 PM
0Noland_Adams
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jkuzzy
I hope things turn out with this and Noland. I really liked the video.
FYI: The quality of the scans in the YouTube presentation are not equal to the quality of scans you will find on the actual website...we had to upload a large wav. file and lost some of the clarity but I am glad you like the video.... wait till you really see Noland's collection of photos on the website.

Thanks for your post!

Tobey Erhart
Project Administrator

Get notified of new replies

To From NOLAND ADAMS Historical Image Library Just Published (SAMPLES PHOTOS INSIDE)

Old 11-12-2011, 01:47 PM
MiguelsC2
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13

Theres been too much controversy for me to just "sign up". I will wait until the facts come out about this operation.

Last edited by MiguelsC2; 11-12-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:49 PM
hedgehead
Race Director

Location: I'm not doing as well as I expected, but I never expected I would
Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts

but the postings will be his postings and you will know because it will say from the Desk of Noland.
And you know when a vette is a 427 because the badge says 427. Sorry. Too cynical?
Old 11-12-2011, 01:53 PM
0Noland_Adams
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SILENT BOB
Not to throw cold water on this effort to get a ton of historical material out to interested folks, BUT there is a question that has not been asked. That is - who owns the original GM material?
I have been instructed by Noland Adams to ask you to call him direct if you have questions that pertain to private affairs (phone number below).

Noland's Home phone #530-626-3232

Tobey Erhart
Project Administrator

Quick Reply: From NOLAND ADAMS Historical Image Library Just Published (SAMPLES PHOTOS INSIDE)