C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

C1 Glass date codes

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 11:40 PM
ebates
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C1 Glass date codes

Help: I have a 62 vette fi. Iam going to replace the wind shield the
glassdate code reads AS1 YJ . I read it as OCT 6??? what should it read for my car was a early car Jan 4 62. how far back can I go for correct date code -Thanks -NICK
Old 12-18-2011, 07:44 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

If you call Auto City glass with your VIN number they will tell you exactly what you need: http://www.autocityclassic.com/index...d=17&Itemid=56

This is a BIG job on these cars...you may want to think twice about tackling it yourself or get somebody that knows how to do it to advise you.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:11 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,099 Posts

Originally Posted by ebates
glassdate code reads AS1 YJ . I read it as OCT 6??? what should it read for my car was a early car Jan 4 62. how far back can I go for correct date code -Thanks -NICK
All windshields have "AS1", regardless of date. The windshield has been replaced before - the "YJ" code is October of either 1965 or 1978.

A typical code for your car would be "CL" (November, 1961).

As Frankie noted, seek knowledgeable assistance if you haven't done this job before; it's NOT a job for a first-timer.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:27 PM
MOXIE62
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 275 Posts

Default Windshield

Originally Posted by ebates
I know some one who is looking to buy a windshield for there car. Please post who you buy yours from and how well it fit. Everybody said it's a tough job replacing. I've done a few and unless I'm doing it wrong, they are not that bad if you just take yor time.
The only thing that I may be doing wrong is I've never put a sealant between the glass and the rubber seal. For those of you that are in the know, are you suppose to?

Get notified of new replies

To C1 Glass date codes

Quick Reply: C1 Glass date codes