C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Roger Quintero
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jeff
P.S.
My defination of a short run: Driving up hill a few times, so if the car shuts down, you can roll home, and dont have to call for a tow truck.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,087 Likes on 4,739 Posts
Army

Shouldn't have been too surprising Roger - you clearly were taking your time and great care in the rewire...I think the only 'twist' was getting the Pertronix wired up correctly and it looks like that went just fine too. You have a much safer car now...
Old 01-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Roger Quintero
Instructor

Frank,
Without your help if could have went a different way. It sure does look great under the dash now. I put in a new hood release cable after sending two back. The third one works like a charm. I did not find a routing diagram for the the cables, so I ran it close to the cowl vent utilizing the one cable clamp that was there. It seems to keep the cable secure and works great. I was going to take the car out today, however it is raining.
It is getting close to the NCRS meet in Orlando. Hope to see you there.
Thanks Buddy
Rog
Old 01-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Army

The problems come when you start adding goodies -- like Sirius satellite radio, a 600W amp, power windows, power antenna, etc. Then you start getting a 'nest of snakes' under the dash. Those old wiring clips can only hold so much...
Old 01-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Roger Quintero
Instructor

I think I am going to chill for away on the electrics. I need a break for my neck and back to recover.
Rog
Old 01-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Roger Quintero
Instructor

Default Wiring is done

Success!!!!!!!!! I ran the 61 today and everything worked fine. The only thing I need to check out is the emergency brake alarm light. I painted the housing up on the emergency light bulb holder that attaches to the emergency brake shaft, so it will match the newly painted emergency brake shaft and bracket. I will check that out tonight to see if it works?
By the way here are the guages that came back from Corvette Instruments by Roger Scott in Palm Beach Gardens Florida. He did a very nice job and I am very happy with the quality and timeless of the job. Kudos to Corvette Instruments they have my recommendation. He completely refaced my tach and recalibrated it, put new gears in my speedometer, and restored all the housings. The housing look brand new.
Attached Images    
Old 01-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Army

Life is good! Of course, now you'll have to get the steering wheel straightened out. Its supposed to have grain in it (sorta like the dash pad) and not be slick from decades of use. (Just in case you thought you were done with the interior!)
Old 01-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Roger Quintero
Instructor

That it not a problem. I have one steering wheel for driving and one for show.
How about the apples?
Rog

Just kidding!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: wiring harness