C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Anyone Have The Al Knock Custom Recliners?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 12:01 PM
C1-Curt
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mike coletta
I've installed about 25 sets of the AOK seats in C1's. You're right, they really don't "recline" cause there's no where for them to recline to, but they do go forward, and that's a nice thing if you want to get to your gas tank cover.
Personally, I like the look/smell of leather, but I really don't think that it holds up as good as the newer vinyl materials. (my opinion only).

Mike Coletta
Mike,
I know this is an older post but hoping for a little info on installation. I am getting ready to install my seats this week. Did you use the tracks provided with the seats? What is the best way to locate the new holes and seat placement? I was thinking of making a cardboard template of the screw locations but I am trying to figure out where the best place to have the tracks when I locate them on the floor, should the be middle are forward with the seat position as far back as it will go?
Old 08-19-2021, 05:59 PM
toddnakro
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I am looking into buying the AOK leather seats and would love to hear if there was an answer to the last thread post by C1-Curt from 9 years ago. Surprising how relevant these old posts can be today. (I wonder if they ever elongated the screw posts?!)
Old 08-19-2021, 06:07 PM
C1-Curt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by toddnakro
I am looking into buying the AOK leather seats and would love to hear if there was an answer to the last thread post by C1-Curt from 9 years ago. Surprising how relevant these old posts can be today. (I wonder if they ever elongated the screw posts?!)
I am still here and have installed 2 sets. They do come with their own tracks with studs facing downward. I ended up setting them in on top of my heat mat where I wanted them and that made indentations of general location. I also made a cardboard template so the 4 holes would go into the right spot.

If you are using a custom frame (I used a streetshops on one of my cars) I would have been better off getting non modified Wiseguy frames. That is the frame Al uses and he modifies one side o the tracks to miss the stock frame.
Old 08-19-2021, 06:25 PM
toddnakro
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the fast reply! I am new to this and was just planning on ordering a set of the leather AOK seats in 1959 design in Horizon Blue color. Requested a swatch of leather and vinyl to check the color match. So regarding you last paragraph I have no plan for custom frame, just planning on laying down that cardboard and fitting the seat into where it should go and drilling away. I will request that the seats fit a 1959 deck lid correctly and ask what changes have been made in the last years.
Old 08-19-2021, 08:51 PM
C1-Curt
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the fast reply! I am new to this and was just planning on ordering a set of the leather AOK seats in 1959 design in Horizon Blue color. Requested a swatch of leather and vinyl to check the color match. So regarding you last paragraph I have no plan for custom frame, just planning on laying down that cardboard and fitting the seat into where it should go and drilling away. I will request that the seats fit a 1959 deck lid correctly and ask what changes have been made in the last years.
I have used the AOK seats in both a 56 and my 60 and they fit the cover just fine. No changes should be needed.
Old 08-20-2021, 12:12 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,358 Likes on 2,786 Posts

Originally Posted by C1-Curt
I have used the AOK seats in both a 56 and my 60 and they fit the cover just fine. No changes should be needed.

Todd, given the age of this thread, please start a new one on your seats. Include a link to this old one for reference.

Quick Reply: Anyone Have The Al Knock Custom Recliners?