C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Looking For a Vette I owned Long Ago

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Stingray1967
Race Director

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

To the original poster, you are in an amazing situation. Not only have you FOUND THE CAR, but the current owner has SET A PRICE AND IS WILLING TO SELL IT. Wow....

My Dad had a 65 convertible from 67 through 69. After some work, we found the car, but it isn't for sale. We really want that car back.

GO BUY YOUR OLD CAR BACK!!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 04:50 PM
jeffg1010
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So... Did ya get it?!?!?
Old 04-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Marks Hotrod Garage
Pro

Received 77 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffg1010
So... Did ya get it?!?!?
Yes and no..................What sparked me to look for the car was the couple who I purchased it from in the mid-70's. They sold the car to me because they were starting a pool business which turned out to be successful. Almost 5 years ago they started searching for this car because we all want the cars we had years ago. After she had contacted me numerous times I decided I would look. I was a little more resourseful than she was and with a little luck too I located the owner who was willing to sell it. My concious got the best of me because she and her husband wanted the car before me so I called them and gave them the first chance at it. They bought it and it is now in Indianapolis where it was born. The car was remarkably close to it original shape............even a glovebox plaque still remained on the glove box door put there in 1972.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:12 AM
Vet65te
Le Mans Master

Received 1,039 Likes on 674 Posts

Default Bigblock Originally?

Good to hear someone looking for their old car got lucky enough to find and purchase it. I happened to notice the high redline tach and 80# oil pressure gauge which 'could' have been changed along with all the other modifications but was this a 425 horse bigblock car originally?
Mike T.

Quick Reply: Looking For a Vette I owned Long Ago