C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Side Vent Alterations on a '64

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Bud2
Bud2
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Side Vent Alterations on a '64

There was a post early this week (?) about changing the side vents on his '65. And there are a couple of members that have added 'spears' to their vents with impressive results. I've also been thinking of changing mine in the next year when the body comes off but was looking for something just a little different. Saw these on a car yesterday and it made me think that maybe this could be used in some way. I can think of three different ways that they could be installed. One of the things that I really liked was the way they angled the grate over the opening.

The car was a 2006 Holden Grange. Just thought you would like to see another option.

Bud
Old 03-15-2012, 09:17 PM
sub006
Race Director

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

Looks cool! Maybe you can get back some of the high prices you've paid importing USA parts by charging US plenty for this piece!

Is that a cornering light or what?
Old 03-15-2012, 11:30 PM
Bud2
Bud2
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep, it's a cornering light all right. The area between the spears is all one level, the same as the '64s. Interesting but not sure if I'm sold on the idea yet. I've got plenty of time to sleep on it.

Let's see now, if you guys wanted me to package up a couple and send them off, well, let me figure a bit.....yep that would be about $1650. Then I might recoup a bit. (just joking)

Bud.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:27 AM
OldKarz
Safety Car

Location: On the bank of the Columbia River..... Washington State
Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud2
There was a post early this week (?) about changing the side vents on his '65. And there are a couple of members that have added 'spears' to their vents with impressive results. I've also been thinking of changing mine in the next year when the body comes off but was looking for something just a little different. Saw these on a car yesterday and it made me think that maybe this could be used in some way. I can think of three different ways that they could be installed. One of the things that I really liked was the way they angled the grate over the opening.

The car was a 2006 Holden Grange. Just thought you would like to see another option.

Bud

Get notified of new replies

To Side Vent Alterations on a '64

Quick Reply: Side Vent Alterations on a '64