C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

67 Glove Box Insert

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 12:20 PM
reamsden
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 67 Glove Box Insert

Who sells an insert that most closely matches the orig. look. I leapt before i looked and now have drilled the rivets and have it apart then saw that the one i rec'd from mid-america(1st.pic) was too far off. I then ordered one from paragon(2nd. pic) and it had a striped machine look. i returned both. ????
bobby
Old 04-19-2012, 01:22 PM
Mike67nv
Melting Slicks

Received 273 Likes on 194 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist
2015 C2 of the Year Finalist

Unless you can find a NOS part somewhere, I think you’ll find most of the replacements look a little more ‘brushed’ than the original. I got mine from Zip about 2 years ago and it doesn’t look too bad once assembled. This picture has a bit more reflection (from the flash) than real life but you can see how it looks.

Last edited by Mike67nv; 04-19-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:47 PM
reamsden
Intermediate

thanks Mike. yours does look good but i'm having a real struggle here. zip and paragon and ecklers get theirs from long island corvette. long island was just matter of fact with me saying "no one makes 'em any good anymore" in others words your out of luck. paragon has gone thru their inventory and said they have found something i might like better, so i'm gonna take a look. yikes! still on the merry-go-round here - bobby
Old 04-19-2012, 02:31 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,030 Likes on 1,316 Posts

To the best of my knowledge, Long Island is the only company making the inserts. I'm pretty sure that no matter where you buy them, they will be made by LI.

The one possibility may be Corvette Specialties of Maryland (now located in Calif.). When they were still in MD, one of the restoration services they offered, was restoring glove box doors. I don't know if they used Long Islands inserts, or made their own. You might want to call Brian and ask.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:45 PM
reamsden
Intermediate

thanks gb. i'm gonna hope what paragon found is acceptable. if not i'll give 'em a call. - bobby

Get notified of new replies

To 67 Glove Box Insert

Quick Reply: 67 Glove Box Insert