C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

BatteryMinder - Thumbs up

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 08:00 PM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,591 Likes on 823 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by GeoffM
cmon Steve, you have published the fact you have a pit crew, PUSH starts are the crews responsibility , Problem Solved leave the battery alone
You will find this hard to believe, Geoff, but after that weekend of her pushing me down the driveway so I could drive back up, she's lost a bit of interest in her pit crew duties. She's happy to ride with me anywhere I want to go and to tell me as many times as I want to hear it that my sidepipes sound better than any she's ever heard but the next time my car won't move under it's own power, the most I can expect from her is her AAA card.

I wish I'd known this about her 41 years ago when I said, "I do".

-- Steve
Old 05-31-2012, 11:24 PM
GeoffM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RatDog
You will find this hard to believe, Geoff, but after that weekend of her pushing me down the driveway so I could drive back up, she's lost a bit of interest in her pit crew duties. She's happy to ride with me anywhere I want to go and to tell me as many times as I want to hear it that my sidepipes sound better than any she's ever heard but the next time my car won't move under it's own power, the most I can expect from her is her AAA card.

I wish I'd known this about her 41 years ago when I said, "I do".

-- Steve
Too Funny:rofl :
Old 06-01-2012, 12:19 AM
pw2006
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks like another body off restoration has started, due to a dead battery. I just got my car back after a 5.5 year restoration and guess what? I went to start it this morning and the battery was dead. Luckily, I moved it behind the passenger seat for easier access.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:14 AM
Ron Miller
Le Mans Master

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Geary
Steve:

I'm no help on how to get that sucker out of there, but here's a suggestion for reinstalling it:

Put it on the driver's side in the factory A/C car location. You'll just need a new battery tray, hold-down, & cables.
For access, you just cut the inner fender to the dimensions shown in the AIM under option C60.
You can adapt the cutout piece to make your acces panel just by adding a lip. Or you can buy the panel already fabb'd.

Your post helped me avoid this issue, as I'm planning to install V-A down the road. I'll definitely be relocating the battery!

Mike
Moving the battery to the driver's side would be my recommendation as well. It takes a little longer to remove the battery from the driver's side on a factory A/C car, but I'd much rather take the battery out of my A/C car than remove the one on the passenger's side on my non A/C car.

Yeah, you've gotta remove the front wheel and the access panel, but after doing that there's plenty of room to pull the old battery straight out with nothing in the way, no tilting, and no heater hoses, overflow tank, and no heater core fittings to break loose. Given that it's a task you only have to do every 5-6 years on the average, I'll opt for the driver's side battery location.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:24 AM
RatDog
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,591 Likes on 823 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by pw2006
Looks like another body off restoration has started, due to a dead battery. I just got my car back after a 5.5 year restoration and guess what? I went to start it this morning and the battery was dead. Luckily, I moved it behind the passenger seat for easier access.
At the risk of hijacking my own thread, let's see a picture of that beauty. Or start a new thread so everyone can see it.

-- Steve
Old 06-01-2012, 09:51 AM
pw2006
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RatDog
At the risk of hijacking my own thread, let's see a picture of that beauty. Or start a new thread so everyone can see it.

-- Steve
Hey Steve- Ok, but only since you are hijacking your own thread. On page 9, in the 9th picture you can see the rear cover. It hides all the wires, stereo and battery with two compartment doors, battery on the passenger side, stereo behind the driver.

Here's the link:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-a...-update-9.html

Quick Reply: BatteryMinder - Thumbs up