C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Replacing Fuel Line Parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Lou64
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Replacing Fuel Line Parts

'64 327-300, with electric fuel pump already installed. Has 3/8" or 5/16" rubber hose that goes from the fuel tank to the electric pump (mounted just rear of passenger rear tire), then to a fuel filter, then a few extra feet and back to original fuel line.

I am replacing the fuel filter and installing a fuel pressure regulator and a fuel pressure guage. This is in response to a stuttering/bogging/delay problem I am getting when I try to mash the pedal to the floor. The valuable info I got from the forum here a couple months back said to install the regulator. Figured I would do the other stuff while I was back there.

How should I go about this? What to do first? How do I stop/plug the fuel flow once I get the fuel filter off? What to make sure to do or avoid? (No smoking will be first on the list of don'ts).
Old 09-29-2012, 10:07 AM
Lou64
Burning Brakes

No help?? Guess I will be like a blind guy at an orgy, I'll just have to feel my way through.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:58 AM
MikeM
Team Owner

Received 1,847 Likes on 1,401 Posts

I'd remove the electric pump, regulator and filter and put a pump on the engine that pumps the right pressure. That's not hard.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Lou64
Burning Brakes

Electric pump is there because of vapor lock.

I put the regulator and pressure gauge on in about an hour and a half. No biggie. Seems to run better, but not perfect. Should the pressure be at 5 lbs.? Regulator only goes to 5.5, so I don't have much room to go up.

Get notified of new replies

To Replacing Fuel Line Parts

Quick Reply: Replacing Fuel Line Parts