C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

66 fuse block

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Vette-O-saurus Rex
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 66 fuse block

Fuse block, top fuse feeds the gauges and the gas guage which I would like to have working, but it blows a fuse, and the fuse block itself has a little clip missing (the pieces that actually hold the fuse in), not sure what to do about the fuse block, don't want to turn something minor into a major ordeal. Then I can track down what's blowing my fuse.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:56 PM
62Jeff
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Howdy,
LectricLimited sells a fuse block repair kit, although as much work as that will be to install, replacing the dash harness with a new one would be a better choice.

The fuse for your gas gauge also operates the temp gauge, backup lights, and the BRAKE parking brake light. Any one of those elements could be the source of your short. Chances are it's probably a bad fuel sending unit. Try disconnecting all the wires from the fuel sender, then put a new fuse in and turn the car on. If the fuse does not blow, you found your bad circuit. If it still blows, then it is one of the other components.

Jeff

Quick Reply: 66 fuse block