C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

64 brake and gas line front to back

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 11:18 AM
garth64
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 64 brake and gas line front to back

Looking to run new lines front to back along side of frame rather than original routing; if anyone has done this were parts like tubing and clips used from another year or standard tubing etc. from a auto parts store? Thanks.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:58 PM
Pilot Dan
Le Mans Master

Received 428 Likes on 318 Posts

Get some lengths of standard steel tubing from any auto parts store and some clips to hold the line to the frame. You will have to drill a hole for each support clamp and use a self tapping bolt. I would suggest 2 unions for the fuel line to get around the wheel well and make things a little easier on yourself. If you ever pull the body, you can install the original type lines and this can be reversed pretty easily. That's the way GM Chevy service made field repairs back in the day. Pilot Dan
Old 05-28-2013, 04:23 PM
jerhofer
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

When I took my '64 apart, it appeared that someone had used a stock fuel line and had cut it where it makes the transition from the frame to the kick up. It was in good shape as it appeared to have not been on the car for very long. In fact, I had re-installed it on my frame when someone noticed it on my restoration thread. I replaced it with a new line but still have the old line. Would you be interested in it?

Old 05-28-2013, 05:17 PM
garth64
Instructor

Thanks for the responses; brake lines the same way, ie standard brake lines bent to suite? Thanks.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:26 PM
Pilot Dan
Le Mans Master

Received 428 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by garth64
Thanks for the responses; brake lines the same way, ie standard brake lines bent to suite? Thanks.
Yes. Some have said they were able to finagle the original front to rear brake line with the body on. IMO for safety sake you are better off doing it the same way so you can see it is properly mounted and not rubbing on anything.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:44 AM
garth64
Instructor

Thanks Dan, makes sense.

Get notified of new replies

To 64 brake and gas line front to back

Quick Reply: 64 brake and gas line front to back