C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Detroit Speed Wiper Motor Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 07:59 PM
RFJohnston
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Detroit Speed Wiper Motor Kit

I haven't seen much feedback of the Detroit Speed wiper kits. How is the install? Are there any issues, etc?
Old 05-28-2013, 08:40 PM
Hitch
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 109 Posts

Mine went in with no problems. 7 speeds to select from..

Hitch
Old 05-29-2013, 08:59 AM
Poorhousenext
Melting Slicks

Received 644 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by RFJohnston
I haven't seen much feedback of the Detroit Speed wiper kits. How is the install? Are there any issues, etc?
There is a thread with feedback on install. Install issues seen to rest with ones ability to follow instructions as well as mechanical ability....

Check back in 5 years, 10 years & 20 years to see if there is any feedback or issues with kit components.

With the number of miles we seem to put on our C2's in daylight and not driving in rain, not driving at night, etc, it may take awhile to find out if there are any issues with part quality....

If you want to be a one of the cool kids as Jeff said, buy. If you don't feel the need to be COOL, don't cave in and buy like I did...

I'm aleady up to 7 times driving in the rain just going to shows this year along with 3 times last year so I felt the ability to just pull them up with my hand made them worth the price to save me from having to bend over in the rain for 30 min at least to raise buckets with those thumb screws if a component failed....
Old 05-29-2013, 09:09 AM
biggd
Melting Slicks

Received 349 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by RFJohnston
The install was easy, haven't used them yet so I'm not sure how they work. My project hasn't left the garage in 4 years. I had an old motor that needed rebuilding and no switch so between selling the old motor and what it would have cost me to rebuild it and buy a new switch this kit made sense for me.

Get notified of new replies

To Detroit Speed Wiper Motor Kit

Quick Reply: Detroit Speed Wiper Motor Kit