C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

C5 owning State Trooper Wanted!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 08:53 AM
CorvAdel
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C5 owning State Trooper Wanted!

From Australia and while visiting relatives in Buffalo in 09 I was driving my just-purchased red 73 BBC vert back from Atlanta to upstate NY with a tag temporary plate.
I was stopped by a trooper in Penns or West Virginia, I can't remember, for a reg'n check.(all was good)
5 mins later this same trooper pulled me over again only to announce that he, too, was a Corvette enthusiast. The reason he stopped me for the 2nd time was to let me know that a fellow Corvette Club member had just completed work on 2 C2's and he thought I may have been int'd in buying one of them.
We talked with raised voices for quite a while on the shoulder of the h'way with vehicles travelling past at 55mph or more, and I announced that I was not in a position to buy such collectible cars.
My position has changed a little, but still cannot afford to purchase mint/restored NCRS examples.
I am hoping(long shot, I know) to get in touch with this uniformed vette guy, as he may be able to put me in touch with a C2 Coupe that is moderately priced as I will again be on the east coast in a few weeks, hoping to buy another Corvette.
I am not expecting miracles from this post as it was a long time ago, but the circumstances were unusual and I am hoping it may trigger a distant memory as I am sure the incident would have been worthy of discussion at a Corvette Club meeting....
If this can put me in the right direction for a lead or two I would be grateful....

Quick Reply: C5 owning State Trooper Wanted!