C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Does anyone recognize these parts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 10:45 PM
wcotton@bathfitter.c
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Does anyone recognize these parts?

These parts (circled) were with all the parts that came with my 56 an I don't recognize them? Does anyone know where they go?

Thanks

Wayne
Old 05-30-2013, 10:49 PM
62Jeff
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by wcotton@bathfitter.c

These parts (circled) were with all the parts that came with my 56 an I don't recognize them? Does anyone know where they go?

Thanks

Wayne
Those long 2 items look like 55-57 Chevy door handle inserts, which mounted on the exterior of the door behind the door handles. They protect the paint from scratches.

I can't see the 3rd item well enough but looks almost like an interior mirror base.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:58 PM
wcotton@bathfitter.c
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks - it was the two long pieces that looked out of place - When I bought the project car it came with a box with all these parts that were re chromed in 1980 - still an the package and never opened - i'm guessing someone was probably looking for them back then....

Wayne
Old 05-30-2013, 11:04 PM
62Jeff
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by wcotton@bathfitter.c
Thanks - it was the two long pieces that looked out of place - When I bought the project car it came with a box with all these parts that were re chromed in 1980 - still an the package and never opened - i'm guessing someone was probably looking for them back then....

Wayne
You are welcome. Here's a set on e-bay. I can't speak with any authority regarding the actual application of yours (are they for a Buick, Olds, Chrysler, etc???) but I'm sure they are the type of part I described.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1955-1956-Chevy-bel-air-door-handle-guard-trim-FREE-U-S-SHIPPING-/181147517358?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a2d3bc1ae&vxp=mtr#ht_82wt_1400

Get notified of new replies

To Does anyone recognize these parts?

Quick Reply: Does anyone recognize these parts?