C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

66 Headlight Bucket removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 08:32 PM
gman1001
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 66 Headlight Bucket removal

There is allot of threads on the lights, some helpful some ehhh. There's even a video of a guy who works on a light bucket that is already out of the car.

My problem?:
Removing the passenger side light bucket from the car.

Removing the bucket trim, the bulbs has been easy. Next I removed the light rotation motor. Then removed the three bolts from each side of the bucket - from inside the bucket. I've also removed the hood.

For the life of my I can't see how to remove this thing out of the car.

I have the original Chevy book for the car. There is a fuzzy picture showing the bucket being removed through the engine compartment. Not sure that will work either.

Can someone give me some tips on how to remove this headlight bucket from the car?

I've really dug myself a hole here.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:39 PM
1snake
Le Mans Master

Received 652 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by gman1001
There is allot of threads on the lights, some helpful some ehhh. There's even a video of a guy who works on a light bucket that is already out of the car.

My problem?:
Removing the passenger side light bucket from the car.

Removing the bucket trim, the bulbs has been easy. Next I removed the light rotation motor. Then removed the three bolts from each side of the bucket - from inside the bucket. I've also removed the hood.

For the life of my I can't see how to remove this thing out of the car.

I have the original Chevy book for the car. There is a fuzzy picture showing the bucket being removed through the engine compartment. Not sure that will work either.

Can someone give me some tips on how to remove this headlight bucket from the car?

I've really dug myself a hole here.
There is a collar with a allen head set screw on the outboard pivot shaft that needs to be removed. It's a b1tch to get off because everything needs to be done by feel.

Jim
Old 10-07-2013, 08:41 PM
gman1001
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1snake
There is a collar with a allen head set screw on the outboard pivot shaft that needs to be removed. It's a b1tch to get off because everything needs to be done by feel.

Jim
holy crap! Tx! get to it from inside the engine compartment I'm guessing?
Old 10-07-2013, 08:42 PM
1snake
Le Mans Master

Received 652 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by gman1001
holy crap! Tx! get to it from inside the engine compartment I'm guessing?
You reach it from the grill area.

Get notified of new replies

To 66 Headlight Bucket removal

Quick Reply: 66 Headlight Bucket removal