C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Who can make fender emblems?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 04:32 PM
Dr. Seltsam
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Panhead
I ground off the 427 numbers and bought the same size/font numbers from a trophy shop & glued them on. Wayne
That was the first way to try it. But the result is not like the original.
Perhaps I am a little crazy, but for my "quick susi" (see in my garage) I only want as perfect as possible.
Last time I needed 4 hours and 6 beer to fix the perfect height for the antenna

Hope you can understand my disease

Oliver
Old 06-12-2014, 05:07 PM
alexandervdr
Melting Slicks

Received 137 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Seltsam
That was the first way to try it. But the result is not like the original.
Perhaps I am a little crazy, but for my "quick susi" (see in my garage) I only want as perfect as possible.
Last time I needed 4 hours and 6 beer to fix the perfect height for the antenna

Hope you can understand my disease

Oliver
with less beers it would have taken less time I am your type too, I can spend hours/days on what most would define as a detail...
seriously: I wanted a chrome bezel around my custom switch panel for my Cobra replica. I drew it up in 3D on Rhino3D (cad), and then milled it on my small CNC machine. Worked perfectly, looks like a factory thing after polishing and chroming. If you can draw it in 3D, then about any CNC workshop can mill it for you in aluminium. Still need to polish, chrome and paint after that.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:14 PM
Dicecal
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Panhead
I ground off the 427 numbers and bought the same size/font numbers from a trophy shop & glued them on. Wayne
I'm guessing the 427 big block flag emblem does not fit in the same holes as the small block flag emblem?
Old 06-12-2014, 08:57 PM
Panhead
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Dicecal
I'm guessing the 427 big block flag emblem does not fit in the same holes as the small block flag emblem?
Correct, the small block emblem has two holes and big block has three, my car already had 427 emblems from back in the day.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:54 AM
0Heartland Customs
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to contact any of these three places. Starting with the billetbadges being the least expensive and working up.

WWW.BILLETBADGES.COM

WWW.EVODWHEELS.COM

WWW.MOTORHEADJEWELRY.COM

Any of these guys can do exactly what you are wanting and do the custom emblems for us and other top custom builders around the world.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:40 AM
Dr. Seltsam
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Heartland Customs
You need to contact any of these three places. Starting with the billetbadges being the least expensive and working up.

WWW.BILLETBADGES.COM

WWW.EVODWHEELS.COM

WWW.MOTORHEADJEWELRY.COM

Any of these guys can do exactly what you are wanting and do the custom emblems for us and other top custom builders around the world.
Great link! Thank you very much. As soon I got these emblems I will post pictures.
Really good forum here.
Best regards from Bavaria / Germany

Oliver

Quick Reply: Who can make fender emblems?