C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

67 Coupe Interior Color Change

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 08:12 AM
6850mike
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 21 Posts

Default 67 Coupe Interior Color Change

I am wanting a red interior car and am having a hard time finding one so I was wondering what if anything can be dyed red and look good AND hold up if I were to get a black interior car?

I figure the seats and carpet I would by but curious if dashpads, door panels need to be bought or could they be dyed and look and last well?

Would the top part of the inside door frames and around the inside part of the windshield need actual body paint or would dye work on these area's?

Like I said I really like a red interior but wondering if it is really feasible to convert a non red interior over?
Old 07-24-2014, 09:39 AM
biggd
Melting Slicks

Received 349 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by 6850mike
I am wanting a red interior car and am having a hard time finding one so I was wondering what if anything can be dyed red and look good AND hold up if I were to get a black interior car?

I figure the seats and carpet I would by but curious if dashpads, door panels need to be bought or could they be dyed and look and last well?

Would the top part of the inside door frames and around the inside part of the windshield need actual body paint or would dye work on these area's?

Like I said I really like a red interior but wondering if it is really feasible to convert a non red interior over?
I changed mine from teal to black. The actually dash board can be painted with regular paint. I dyed the dash pads and thought they came out really well. I bought new door panels but I think 67 door panels would look fine dyed. Anything that doesn't really get touched often should hold up really well. I don't think I would dye seats or rugs and expect them to wear the same.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:53 AM
6850mike
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 21 Posts

Default 67 in

Originally Posted by biggd
I changed mine from teal to black. The actually dash board can be painted with regular paint. I dyed the dash pads and thought they came out really well. I bought new door panels but I think 67 door panels would look fine dyed. Anything that doesn't really get touched often should hold up really well. I don't think I would dye seats or rugs and expect them to wear the same.
Thanks for the info. You went from a lighter color to a darker one, I'm concerned because I would be going from darker to light and am not sure if the coverage will be there or if there will be "bleed thu" of the black.

Get notified of new replies

To 67 Coupe Interior Color Change

Quick Reply: 67 Coupe Interior Color Change