C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Help with tach drive from my 58

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 04:02 PM
DJ58
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with tach drive from my 58

I have a loud noise coming from the tach drive on my generator. When I took it apart, this is everything that was in the casing. Looks like I might be missing some parts, but I can't find a parts breakdown anywhere. Can anybody see what is missing? Thanks for your help.

Dennis
Attached Images  
Old 09-19-2014, 04:40 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,860 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ58
I have a loud noise coming from the tach drive on my generator. When I took it apart, this is everything that was in the casing. Looks like I might be missing some parts, but I can't find a parts breakdown anywhere. Can anybody see what is missing? Thanks for your help.

Dennis
The Paragon and Corvette Central C1 catalogs both have excellent exploded illustrations of the tach drive unit to compare yours against.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:59 PM
Pilot Dan
Le Mans Master

Received 431 Likes on 321 Posts

Are you sure the noise you are hearing is actually coming from the Tach and not the rear generator bearing?? Try running the generator with the Tach assembly removed just to confirm. Pilot Dan
Old 09-20-2014, 02:06 PM
hedgehead
Race Director

Location: I'm not doing as well as I expected, but I never expected I would
Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Pilot Dan
Are you sure the noise you are hearing is actually coming from the Tach and not the rear generator bearing?? Try running the generator with the Tach assembly removed just to confirm. Pilot Dan

Get notified of new replies

To Help with tach drive from my 58

Quick Reply: Help with tach drive from my 58