C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Opinions on these C1/C2 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 10:35 PM
GSMNPhiker
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Revfan, Bought car #40 today, nice driver, needs a little work but that is what i was looking for.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:03 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Received 171 Likes on 120 Posts

Awesome GSM!
Glad this worked out for you... Your 40th vette, or the one in post #40? (the red one or the black?)

Welcome to the class of 2014!
Old 11-05-2014, 06:42 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

1964 CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE MAKE OFFER - $37500 (lawrenceville ga)

1964 CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE MATCHING NUMBERS GEORGIA TITLE 327/300 HP 678739705four. CALLS ONLY
64 Corvette Stingray Convertible - $43900

Gorgeous just completed body-off/frame-off restored "driver". 327 cu.in engine with 4 speed manual transmission. Have all receipts and photos of this mild resto-mod. Very high performance with only about 200 miles on the restoration. Frame and all brackets sandblasted and powder coated. Engine, transmission and car frame professionally rebuilt, including new paint. All wiring replaced along with all external engine components, including new 600 cfm Holley carb, Edelbrock intake, cooling fan, battery, etc. Brand new 50 year old gem ready to drive.
Casting # GM3782870
Casting Date: A253
1963 Corvette SWC 327-340 HP - $68500 (Nanuet,NY)

I am going to sell my 1963 Corvette SWC. Here is a list of things I have done to it since owning it. First lets start with the interior. I installed new seat covers and carpeting. The door panels and headliner are in excellent condition. I also installed a new Dash wiring harness. Engine compartment I removed the drive train and brought the frame down to bare metal, primed and painted it. All componets were removed rebuilt and powder coated. Engine is a 350-350 rebuilt and looks like the 340 HP motor that it came with, a new engine harness was installed. Also a new chambered 2 1/2 inch exhaust was installed. Trans was gone threw and resealed. Has a 4speed borg warner trans and a hurst shifter. Rear suspension was rebuilt everything but the trailing arms which are in excellent condition. Car has the big brake metallic brakes in the front complete system was rebuilt. Also I had the Original horns and wiper motor rebuilt. I installed a new heater core also. This car has been in storage since 1981 and spent its whole life in CA. The frame and birdcage are perfect no rust anywhere.... The car is an Original Red car with black interior. It was painted back it the late 70's Daytona Blue along with mini flares which look pretty good. The paint is probally a 6 or 7 on a scale of 10 and looks good.. I'm sure I'm forgetting many things. The price is firm on this car so if you are looking to offer me less, please don't waist mine and your time.
•do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
1966 Corvette "Survivor" Convertible - $48000 (Granger)

his is an original convertible from 1966. My family has know the 2nd owner for over 40 years and he owned the car from 1971, never been painted, wrecked or messed with (see aftermarket clear-exhast comments below). You can see additional details and photo's at coolrodz.com if you are interested in this car. I have only swept the inside of the car. I won't wash, wax or buff the paint or detail the engine compartment, as it's important to leave in it's current unmolested state.

Engine:
V8 - 327 ci / 350hp "numbers matching"
HT Code 11.0:1 compression ratio
Non Original Parts:
After Market "Clear-Ex" manifold valve. This device was invented by and manufactured by Charles Flint in LaPorte, Indiana. This is where the car resided since 1971. The US patent number on the device is 3,455,106. This patent was filed in 1967 and was patented in 1969. It's intent is to induce cleaner air into the cylinder during low pressure exhaust pulse or wave and to block gases during high pressure pulse or wave, thus increasing efficiency "horsepower".

Ownership:
As stated above, I purchased this car from 2nd owner who bought it in 1971 and has driven / stored it for the last 43 years.
1966 Corvette - $47000 (west houston)

This is a fantastic convertible Corvette, 327, 4 speed, side pipes that sound awesome, knock off wheels, and the list goes on. It is in outstanding condition. I am looking to get her a new home, to make room for a new one. It is a head turner, with plenty of people giving it a thumbs up while driving by.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:02 PM
GSMNPhiker
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Revfan
Awesome GSM!
Glad this worked out for you... Your 40th vette, or the one in post #40? (the red one or the black?)

Welcome to the class of 2014!
No the red 66vette, post #40. this is my 5th corvette.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:59 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Hey guys
Should I go through the posts and delete cars that are sold, or just leave em' for posterities sake?
Old 11-08-2014, 02:12 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Daytona Blue... 63 with Pipes, if that is your thing
Corvette - 1963 classic - $44500 (san diego)

'63 Corvette roadster - Daytona Blue w Dk blue interior
327 c.i. 300HP 4-Spd Side Exhaust Both tops Rally wheels
No.'s match 59K orig miles New OEM seats/carpets
Nice car - unrestored - needs a little minor attention to be excellent
Florida Black/Black added AC car Auto
1963 Corvette Sting Ray FOR SALE!! - $44000 (orlando)

1963 Corvette String Ray
Asking price, forty four thousand.

It has a 327 moter automatic the numbers are matching, convertible, hard top and soft top.

Vehicle starts and drives. It also comes with A/C
The original hubcaps, red line tires are in very good shape.
For much, much more information please CALL and DO NOT TEXT or EMAIL
My phone number is 407x922x3576
The car is in super great condition.
The price is right, but it has a stolen/recovered salvage title....
1963 Corvette - $30000 (Orlando)

1963 Corvette, 327, 300 horse, 4 speed. . .Runs good. Car was stolen and recovered so it has a salvage title. Not matching numbers. Sell for $30,000 It does have a Florida title. NO TEXTS. . .Call 407x832x9896
1966 CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE - $44500 (key largo)

1966 Corvette convertible, 4 speed manual, 327-300hp, power steering, all matching numbers, vin#1946765115810 with protecto plate. Nassau blue, dark blue vinyl seats, am-fm original working stereo, power antenna, working clock. Correct alternator and radiator. Spare and jack. Nice survivor driver. $44,500 obo. No Texts.

Last edited by Revfan; 11-08-2014 at 02:22 AM.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:55 AM
Doug F.
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Revfan
Hey guys
Should I go through the posts and delete cars that are sold, or just leave em' for posterities sake?
I say no, do not delete.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:46 AM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,333 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug F.
I say no, do not delete.
My feelings as well, although this could get lengthy. Maybe a sticky with annotations on what sold? Lot of work, though.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:45 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Neat 62... with a 383/425hp! If she had a set of wings....
1962 CORVETTE

1962 CORVETTE
NEW 383
425HP
4 SPEED
CALL RAY FOR INFO 1x301x582x4127
$50,000
Another neat C1... kinda liking the blue, not exactly Jewel Blue, but close.
'61 Corvette Convertible - $45000 (Bucks County, PA)

'61 Corvette Convertible Project, finished in powder blue & completely original other than paint. this vehicle is a good runner looking for a minor restoration. Powered by a 283 small block 245 hp quad port engine, it's also one of only 1500 automatics produced that year... Shows minor signs of age & wear. The hood is only 5 years old. Serious buyers only, no tire kickers & no low ballers...
Love 58s... and the Panama Yellow is hot (though not sure this one is panama). Still if all is there and is as nice as the pic... smokin deal on a complete 58.
58 CHEVY CORVETTE - $50000 (BRANCHVILLE)

FRAME OFF RESTORATION
2 TOPS
99 PERCENT COMPLETE
$50000.00 OBO
Old 11-11-2014, 03:56 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Daytona Blue is just plain HOT! Here is a nice 63 Convert...
1963 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible - $42900 (rock hill SC)

Up for sale is my 1963 Corvette Convertible......I have owned this car for over 12 years and purchased this beauty with 42,000 original miles. This was the essential barn find in West Virginia and still had the state windshield inspection sticker and license tag on it from 1967.

I had the car completely stripped and painted 10 or so years back. I also re-did the interior and pulled both the matching numbers engine and transmission to re-fresh both. This model has the 327 high performance 340 hp V8 mated to a 4 speed manual transmission.

This is a beautiful car but it still needs some work to be a show car. The paint has a few chips in various places due to the body shop trying to get the gaps to close. You may know that Corvettes came new with wider body gaps and this sometimes looks sloppy. My shop wanted to make it better and they made it a little too close in my opinion. There is also some body repair showing through the surface in 2 areas that you may want to fix. Some people don't see it but I do. One of the headlight motors isn't operating currently, however, it was before it went to the paint shop so it could be wiring.

This is a fine example of an all matching numbers 1963 Corvette. I have spent over $55,000 in the Corvette since I've had it. New tires, new exhaust, new interior, new gas tank, many, many new parts. We are building a house and having a baby so we are selling part of the collection. Please call me at 803x242x7180 if you have further questions.
Not sure if I have posted this one before... but I know I have seen it before. Maybe willing to make a deal...
1966 Corvette String Ray convertible - $49000 (Saco, Me)

Mosport green convertible with black interior. Matching engine and transmission. 327/300 hp 4 speed with posi. Base model with windup windows and fixed antenna. Nice looking older restoration in and out, but not a show winner. Knockoffs with new Cooper whitewalls. This cars has been taken care of and is a good looking strong running car. Top is like new. Radio has been replaced with an AM/FM tape unit. True mileage is unknown. Asking $49,000. 207x282x3800
Old 11-15-2014, 08:32 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

This one looks sweet! I did the Elkheart Blue!
1967 Corvette Conv(All #'s matching L79-327/350H.P)nice options/colors - $47500 (Long Island)

If you like original Corvettes,, unmolested,, all #'s matching,,documented,,loads of receipts,,mint rustfree frames,,original fiberglass unhit bodypanels,,then I think you are going to like my car which was purchased from the original owner........If you like those things then I'm certain you will like the rest of what my car is::::An Elkhart Blue Convertible(1 year only color) 1967 L79(327/350 H.P.) with M-21 close-ratio 4 speed,,3.70 positraction rear axle,,tinted glass,,Blue interior with *HEADREST SEATS*,,power-steering,,Power-disc-brakes,,AM/FM radio,,whitewall tires,,Hardtop,,and **TELESCOPIC STEERING COLUMN**

If you want it to look like it just came out of a Dealer showroom or just underwent a frame-off restoration(well it does not,,cause it did not)......If on the other hand you appreciate(like I do)a corvette that runs flawlessly(that can be driven cross-country today)that has not been abused or altered,,Hot rodded or roadraced,,crashed or pieced together,,That has a "Patina" to it,then this just might be the car for you..

I am not interested in you trying to sell "MY" car for me,,Not interested in land deals or trades of any kind,,Not interested in you trying to get financing or having to ask your wife,,**** I am interested in having a SERIOUS CONVERSATION with anyone who would like to leave their phone # *****
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
1965 Corvette Convertible - Excellent Condition! - $39500 (7302 E 11th St)

A fairly recent frame on restoration in excellent condition , The paint and interior are in near perfect cond = all gauges correct and working = under the hood is original in appearance = the convertible top is good = no rust issues = the body lines and chrome are nice , This car has Power Steering - 4 speed - small block - Knock Offs - will drive anywhere , Fly in and drive home , Its a very exceptionally clean investment / show quality corvette at below average market value ,,,, $39,500

It is currently being stored at Doc's Corvettes on 11th St. Business hours are M -F, 10a - 6p.
Thanks for looking!

Not sure what to think of this... definitely get it checked out
1967 corvette stingray - $30000 (south hero vt)
mechanical new clutch new top new paint new tires silver blue ex black interior not match number but a fun car 327 / 350 holley carb edelbrock intake new side mufflers am/fm power brake i had put for sale a few months ago did not work out now i want to put my plowtruck in carport where vet is now tired of cleaning snow off truck to go plow car has been under carport since we bought in 04 taken out only to drive in 4 july parade still canadian registry dmv stated all i have to do is sign the registration and sell the car. i bought this car in 1980 in 83 roof leaked did not use much after, painted in 1992 went sailing till fall of 95 registered car in03 to drive to vermont have not used since. one person asked about the air filter and yes it did have one which i still have it just does not fit the holley i also added some under of rear if there is any other part you wish to see let me know i will enter it to the listing i did not drive the car since i installed the holley which in my mind should be discarded and a new carb installed the pic of carport where it is stored and you can see three of my four saab convertibles i have installed and sold a 2001 in 15 minutes of test drive, if you are looking for a fun convertible i have a2003 grey and soon a silver 2001 with a 2.3 liter saab engine stock with 235 HP when you drive this car it is much more powerful than before and 29.3 MPG on a trip to mtl the covered one is another reason i am selling the vet sport package 17 inch wheels most expensive saab 2003
Old 11-15-2014, 10:06 AM
6T5RUSH
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 119 Likes on 98 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Revfan,

I agree with Doug F and Easy Rhino, leave the ads. If nothing else it give folks who read from page 1 a little history of asking prices at that time. Think the ads themselves are "perishable" and will drop off from Craigslist after a short time.

Again, good for you for starting, researching and posting this topic

Regards,

Jim
In God We Trust!
Old 11-15-2014, 04:44 PM
Revfan
Safety Car

I am really, no REALLY starting to love Saddle Tan and Fawn Beige. very subtle beauty.
Red C1s... are very cool... but how often do you see one of these babies rumble down the street?
1961 CORVETTE, 4 SPEED, BOTH TOPS - $64500 (VENTURA)

A BEAUTIFUL 1961 CORVETTE IN FAWN BEIGE WITH FAWN INTERIOR. THIS IS A BLACK PLATE CALIFORNIA CAR IN ORIGINAL CONDITION. IT STILL HAS "IT'S" ORIGINAL ENGINE, T-10 4 SPEED TRANS, HARD AND SOFT TOPS, SPARE JACK AND TOOLS.
IT HAS OLDER LACQUER PAINT ,WHICH WHILE IT SHOWS WELL HAS NICKS, CHIPS AND SOME CRACKS IN THE PAINT. THE CHROME AND STAINLESS ARE IN BEAUTIFUL CONDITION. INTERIOR IS MOSTLY ORIGINAL AND IN VERY NICE CONDITION. EVERYTHING WORKS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE CLOCK.
I JUST HAD A NEW CLUTCH INSTALLED, ALL NEW RADIATOR HOSES, HEATER CORE, VALVE AND HOSES AND CARB WORK.
YOU WOULD BE HARD PRESSED TO FIND ANOTHER ORIGINAL CAR THIS NICE.
The 62 is just a "pure" sports car. Much like its C2 Brother the 64, it an under appreciated bang for the buck, no nonsense Corvette.
1962 Corvette Convertible with Hardtop - $46500 (NewCastle)

1962 Corvette Convertible, Hondous Maroon, actual 41962 miles, V8 / 327 Engine, 3 speed Transmission, Hardtop, Wonderbar radio Runs and drives good The body has a few chips and scratches, but is a nice old driving car. Serious buyer can call me 765-524-7144 located in New Castle, IN
Another Maroon 62. With Fawn interior... classy, with a capitol C.
1962 corvette $42500 - $42500 (middletown)

62 vette 327 / 4 speed honduras maroon fawn badge interior , black soft top call me 513 464 3939

So, its always good to practice in front of the mirror before you say someting important to your wife. Here is the speech: "You know, a lot of guys have a mid life crisis, get a divorce and then buy a sports car. All I really want is the sports car, so lets go "halfsies" on this 61 Corvette, and start dating each other again!"
Let me know if it works... but here is your car.
1961 CORVETTE HARDTOP CONVERTIBLE - $45000

I have a 1961 CORVETTE HARDTOP CONVERTIBLE all original FIRM ON $45K

( UNRESTORED )all stock all original except the upgraded 350ci motor and wheels very clean 4speed ( NO I WILL NOT TAKE 35K OR 40K SO DONT ASK )

209-470-390zero Dan ( GAS MONKEY LETS WORK SOMETHING OUT )

My one regret in my Corvette ownership is that I didn't buy the best car for the money I had. I passed up on cars like this one, cause I didn't know better... If you get an inspection on this car and it passes, you are DONE. Just drive and do regular maintenance. No restoration, no fiddin... just drive.
1964 Corvette - $42000 (Rochester, NH)

1964 Corvette Roadster, both tops, orig matching #s engine, PS,PB,PW, knock off wheels, automatic transmission. This is a very nice, 77,000 mile, correct,straight car, having had a cosmetic restoration about one year ago. The car wears it's orig colors, silverblue over black. Basecoat, clearcoat paint was applied, wet sanded and buffed, making this Corvette look better than it did in 1964. Guage cluster, dash pads, door panels are still original from day one, and reveal just what kind of care this vehicle has had. Runs,drives excellent. I am located 1 hr north of Boston .Phone calls only please.

Last edited by Revfan; 11-15-2014 at 04:47 PM.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:22 PM
Revfan
Safety Car

Nice cleaning looking 61...
1961 corvette - $47500 (Crestview)

1961 White Corvette, black interior with hardtop, 283 (6519) engine, 4 speed. New wiring, new seats, new door panels/armrest, new carpet, new gauges and newly painted cluster, new steering column/gears, new wide whitewalls, new interior/exterior mirrows, newly chromed bumpers/license place bevel, newly rebuilt (Daytona Carb shop) original dual carbs, new trunk mat, new gas tank/sending unit, new windshield motor, new tack drive generator with cable, new distributor, new regulator, and new tail lights and parking lights, and the list goes on. Over $12,000 of new parts in the last 2 years with receipts. Call if interested. More photos available 850x803x8034
1964 Corvette Convertible - $47500 (Wilsonville)

Satin Silver matching numbers original convertible - black interior and soft top. 4 speed, 250 hp 327.

Please don't contact me about help selling my car.

Serial Number

40867S 103428

Info from original sticker:

0867 CORVETTE CONVERT $4,037 00
294CAA SATIN SILVER $00.00
2M20AA 4 SPD TRANSMISSION $188.30
2G81BA POSITRACT AXLE 308R $43.05
2P92AA 670X15 4 PLY WSW $31.85
2J65AA METALLIC BRAKES $53.80
2U69BA PB AM/FM RADIO $176.50
2007AA AUXILIARY HARD TOP $236.75
2A31AA POWER WINDOWS $59.20
2G91AA REAR AXLE 308 RATIO $2.20

Last edited by Revfan; 11-18-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:54 PM
ChattanoogaJSB
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 875 Likes on 538 Posts

That 63 salvage car looks like it has the front bumper fit from h$ll. I do love the Daytona blue/light top combo further down!
Old 11-18-2014, 04:42 PM
MAD IN NC
Team Owner

Received 2,827 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Crowd Plow For Now

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaJSB
That 63 salvage car looks like it has the front bumper fit from h$ll. I do love the Daytona blue/light top combo further down!
.... and I like the matching drvr/pass sport mirrors
Old 11-19-2014, 11:09 AM
ohiobengals
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The satin silver was listed for $57,900 in May.
http://corvettetraderclassifieds.com...r-convertible/
What a beautiful car.

Get notified of new replies

To Opinions on these C1/C2 for sale

Old 11-21-2014, 02:21 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

RARE 1966 CORVETTE CONV. FACT A/C, 4Spd. LOADED/RESTORED - $46800 (N/E Phx.)

EXTREMELY CLEAN 1966 Corvette Conv. mild custom. Loaded with factory options including COLD A/C (real R-12) Power Steering, Power 4 Whl Disc Brakes, Power Windows and Power Antenna. Freshly rebuilt NOM 327 V-8 With Muncie 4-Speed and new clutch assy. Possibly an original big block car (Big Block radiator, core support, rear sway bar, bigger front sway bar, larger diameter front springs and 7 leaf rear spring, 80lb. oil pressure gauge, etc,) Posi IRS. Very nice black paint and excellent original style interior. Matching hard top. PERFECT FRAME, NO RUST. Highly detailed engine compartment and undercarriage. All gauges/light operate perfectly. New shocks, brakes, bushings, alternator, battery. Runs, looks and drives excellent. Will NOT overheat, even in 110 degree weather. No issues whatsoever. Turn-key ready NOW. Please call me for more info at 480x773x2496. Price is pretty firm at $49,800. May consider Sports/Performance/Exotic trades, but please be realistic. Serious only please. No 3rd party internet sales calls...

CORVETTE 1965 327 365 HP - $47000 (ASHEVILLE)

NICE DRIVER QUALITY 65 VETTE 327 365 4 SPEED PERIOD CORRECT ENGINE, ORIGINAL 4 SPEED, VERY NICE PAINT, INTERIOR AND FRAME, ORIGINALLY RED, BLACK INTERIOR CALL FOR MORE INFO. PREVIOUS OWNER HAD THE CAR SINCE 1981 NC TITLE CALL 828 TWO 3 ONE 5775

1965 Corvette - $45000 (Dripping Springs)

1965 Corvette Convertible. It's an all original car from California (still has the black plates!) that was restored by ProTeam a decade or so back and only driven maybe 5000 miles since.

The car is optioned out nicely... It's powered by the original and numbers matching 327 that is backed by the original 4-speed and post-rear. The paint is Milano Maroon while the interior is Saddle Tan matching the Tan top. Options include:

- power antennae
- AM/FM radio
- "comfort/convenience" group
- back-up lights
- day/night mirror
- aluminized exhaust
- seat belts
- tinted windshield
- hubcaps
- white stripe radials

The car runs and drives as it should - sweetly!

Call for details... No text messages and no emails.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:25 AM
ChattanoogaJSB
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 875 Likes on 538 Posts

First glance: pretty combination. I always love a tan interior
Old 11-25-2014, 07:31 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

1966 corvette - $43000 (perkasie)http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/4776549740.html

1966 corvette low mileage unrestored car. Mossport green, numbers matching 300hp 327, automatic trans, AC, factory knock offs.
Car runs and drives perfect very nice driver quality car
43000.00 call lance 215-416-0040
1966 Corvette Convertible, 327, 4-Speed, 4.11 Posi, Beautiful Car! - $42000 (Marlton, NJ)

Up for sale here is a beautiful 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible. Lots of time and money have been put into it. This is only a 2-Owner car and there's only 2-3K Miles on the rebuilt engine, the paint job, and all of the new parts that have been installed in it. Here are some of the main things about the car:

- Rebuilt 327 V8 Engine

- 4-Speed Manual Transmission

- Rebuilt Positraction Rear with a 4.11:1 Gear Ratio

- Repainted in it's Original "Laguna Blue" Color

- 1966 Big Block Hood Installed

- New Clutch Assembly, New Steering Box & Rag Joint

- New Exhaust System, plus many other new parts

Asking $47000 obo. If you want to check it out or have any questions, call show contact info and ask for Sonny. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mrkwXFFJlY
1965 Corvette Convertible - $45000 (East Meadow)

1965 Corvette Nassau Blue with white convertible and blue interior. New 454/425 HP GM Crate motor, M22 "Rock Crusher" Transmission, new rear end and carbon fiber spring, new front end, new Hedman headers with new stainless steel exhaust system, hardtop, American racing wheels, new leather seats, stereo with 6 CD player, plus extras too numerous to list. More than 70K invested. For any questions, call 516x542x9400

1964 Corvette 2-top Roadster - $39500 (Olympia/Seattle)

1964 Corvette Stingray 2 Top Roadster. Stock, Correct engine, new dash & firewall wiring, same owner for 36 years. Nassau Blue convertible with white convertible top and blue hardtop. Many parts. Exceptionally nice driver (not a trailer queen). Pictures and additional details available.

Quick Reply: Opinions on these C1/C2 for sale