C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Tyler Townsley - Restorer of the WInter Regional

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 06:22 AM
rich5962
Safety Car

Received 566 Likes on 340 Posts

Default Tyler Townsley - Restorer of the WInter Regional

(I posted this last night on the NCRS forum and it is deserving of notation here to inform ALL Corvette enthusiasts)

To All.......

I had the absolute pleasure of working with Tyler Townsley during this event. I decided at the last minute to attend all 4 days beginning Wednesday morning as a volunteer through Saturday's end. Tyler reached out via this site for several 4 hour blocks to help at the gate entrances for the vendors on Wednesday and the main entrances Thursday and Friday, and at the Main entrance on Saturday. I also OJ'd Friday for a while with Page and Reggie during 1967 BB Chassis Judging. Special thanks to both of them for the excellent and professional way they performed their tasks on several very nice cars. I learned much from them during the process. They both took the time explaining details when I had questions. Thank you gentlemen.

But.......Never in my experiences have I felt the privilege that I had while working with Tyler. I've been in Florida for 9 years now, and attended my first Winter Regional in '07. I had no idea who was in charge and who everyone was back then. The effort Tyler partook to make this event a success with his experience and efforts is amazing. I saw first hand and up close what this man does. We spent much time together and he took the time to show me what to do and how to help organize the complexities of "Event Restoration". That's what I thought about Saturday night during that 2 1/2 hour ride home on rte 60 in the middle of nowhere enroute home from Lakeland..............

Tyler is not only a Corvette/Classic car Restorer, he is a "Winter Regional Restorer"!!!

Tyler took a past successful event venue at Old Town to a new level. He had so much to do. He had much help from the other people who have been with him for years, but as the leader, he proved to me that it takes a special person to pull off such a large event like this and keep it on track. Here's an example.....Friday nights rain put a tense caution over the Saturday morning plans. I told him and a few other volunteers earlier that I'd be there at 6:30 to help out. I was planning to OJ the 2 '61's in the Hanger, but I decided to be with Tyler and the crew instead. I got there just before 6:30 Saturday morning, and there he was, soaking wet and tired. Tyler had been there outside in the rain and the wind since 3:30 AM, painting lines in the main field for the "Corvette Only" and the Member/Judges/Vendor Only parking areas.

How's that for dedication? Unbelievable!

He had to keep everyone happy.....the members with their judged cars, the judges and support staff, the general membership, the Saturday Car show people, the swap meet vendors, the food vendors, the Sun n Fun staff and their volunteers, and all of the spectators as well. I had the pleasure of working with all of the people who volunteered their time for this event. They are all awesome in my opinion, and they have been doing this for years and years. This was my first time as a volunteer, and being a rookie, they all helped me figure out what to do.

Tyler, Ed and all of the event staff are to be commended for their efforts and determination which made this a great time for everyone.

Congratulations to all of you!!!

Rich
Old 01-28-2015, 07:59 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

Tyler did a great job.

btw - this event goes way back. I first started attending when it was at the the old Cypress Gardens site. Then we did a year at Disney. I was never very fond of the Old Town site. This Lakeland though site was one of the best events ever. I love this venue.

Thank you Tyler.

Richard Newton
Old 01-28-2015, 08:04 AM
toms silver 60
Melting Slicks

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

That's not the first time Tyler has done field marking in the dark.

Add a special attaboy to Rich as well, he added a lot of energizer bunny enthusiasm to the volunteers.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:09 AM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

Tyler is also one of the best friends you can have in this hobby or anywhere.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:15 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

Sorry Brett and I could not make it this year to the Winter Regionals but we have been busy finishing up the Motorama Car. Maybe next year we will have it down there to show. I am sure that Tyler did a great job he puts his heart into doing it where ever it would be. Tyler is the man for Corvette Events.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:37 PM
Tyler Townsley
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks for the kind words. An event like this is not the efforts of one person rather the collective efforts of many. People from the following Corvette clubs were a real part of making it come to pass: NCRS, SACC, Cypress Gardens Corvette Club (NCCC), Classic Corvette Club of Orlando, SunNFun and the Lakeland Corvette Club. Many thanks to their efforts especially the time they stood in the rain and directed cars to parking.

The SunNFun people were always there any time we needed support putting in place necessary equipment or pulling out vendors where the areas got slick.

Thanks to all who helped.

Tyler
Old 01-29-2015, 04:28 AM
rich5962
Safety Car

Received 566 Likes on 340 Posts

Hi Tyler,

Kind words deserved for sure. Yes the SnF folks were a great help too, and all of the others. You are right. Thanks for adding notations of their efforts to make it a success as well.

But, it-is-what-it-is my friend........without your efforts, the efforts of others wouldn't have been the same. Your drive and determination as our leader made it all happen.

I cannot wait until next year to spend time there with you and the crew.

Rich
Old 01-30-2015, 07:43 AM
BOB WINSKI
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

I was there on Thursday and they did a great job relocating the event.Much nicer then old town.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:43 PM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

Tyler,

Ever think of doing a road tour from the new site to the old Cypress Garden (Leggo) site?

Lunch someplace on the way.

Maybe get some Leggo support along the way?

Richard Newton
Old 01-31-2015, 06:17 PM
Tyler Townsley
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by rfn026
Tyler,

Ever think of doing a road tour from the new site to the old Cypress Garden (Leggo) site?

Lunch someplace on the way.

Maybe get some Leggo support along the way?

Richard Newton
Traffic in this area has made road tours very difficult to do. We finally gave up in Orlando. This area has some possibilities though but the traffic around Leggoland is terrible.

Tyler

Get notified of new replies

To Tyler Townsley - Restorer of the WInter Regional

Quick Reply: Tyler Townsley - Restorer of the WInter Regional