C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Just finished 62 Restomod Photo shoot pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 10:01 PM
Brucebodyman
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

I have a lot number for Barrett Jackson Vegas. Saturday sept 26th. Lot #742. Got a great spot Saturday afternoon around 5 Vegas time. Won't be locked in until Monday so it's available until then
Old 08-29-2015, 02:03 PM
aaffss00
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Shifter and Rear View Mirror

Originally Posted by Brucebodyman
I have a lot number for Barrett Jackson Vegas. Saturday sept 26th. Lot #742. Got a great spot Saturday afternoon around 5 Vegas time. Won't be locked in until Monday so it's available until then
Great work all around! Could you please let us know the supplier of the rear view mirror and shifter?
Old 08-29-2015, 03:22 PM
Brucebodyman
Racer

Default Shifter

Originally Posted by aaffss00
Great work all around! Could you please let us know the supplier of the rear view mirror and shifter?
The shifter is a Lokar with their LED shift indicator. The mirror I found at summit. If you get on their web site and search rear view mirror a bunch will come up. I just looked till I found one I liked.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:14 AM
snozberry
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bruce,
Your car is beautiful! how did you do the hood catches? I love how clean it looks! And are those gas struts I see?
Mark

Last edited by snozberry; 09-04-2015 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Drooling over engine photo again and saw gas struts
Old 09-05-2015, 09:31 PM
Brucebodyman
Racer

Default Hood latches

Originally Posted by snozberry
Bruce,
Your car is beautiful! how did you do the hood catches? I love how clean it looks! And are those gas struts I see?
Mark
I got those hood latches from watsons street works. They are actuall a trunk latch. Draw back to them is it's tough to find a spring that fits on stricter that's strong enough to pop hood high enough when you pull cable release to get your hand under to open hood. I solved that problem by using a door popper that hood closes against. When you pull cable it pops like a factory one.
Those are gas charged struts. I incorporated the attaching brackets into the hood for a cleaner look. Took a little figuring to get the poundage right on the struts
Old 09-10-2015, 03:16 PM
Brucebodyman
Racer

Default On its way to Barrett Jackson.

Just finished a 62 Restomod took pics tonight thought I would post up a few pics to see what you guys thought

Last ride in my trailer. Next stop Vegas

Here's what's next on my plate. Look for my build thread on this one. Interesting story behind it.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:29 PM
Beggers
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

Good luck Bruce in Vegas, I couldn't do it without a reserve, its making me nervous just watching you. Go get em! Brian
Old 09-10-2015, 11:21 PM
Brucebodyman
Racer

Originally Posted by Beggers
Good luck Bruce in Vegas, I couldn't do it without a reserve, its making me nervous just watching you. Go get em! Brian
We'll see what happens. Other than Scottsdale I can't think of an auction that it would do better at. If 62 Does well in Vegas the 54 may end up at Scottsdale. Gonna hit 54 hard starting Monday.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:34 PM
solidaxel
Melting Slicks

Received 153 Likes on 124 Posts

Thank you for all the positive responses. I put a lot of thought into this build. These cars look great to begin with. I wanted to build something that was comfortable with subtle improvements and no body modifications I'm looking forward to my next one which is at interior shop now. Keep the comments coming Thanks again!!
I have had my 62 for 44 years and your car is what I drempt about for the last 30 years....................were you reading my mail!

Your car knocked it out of the park!
I will refer to your post often.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:48 PM
Brucebodyman
Racer

Originally Posted by solidaxel
I have had my 62 for 44 years and your car is what I drempt about for the last 30 years....................were you reading my mail!

Your car knocked it out of the park!
I will refer to your post often.
Thanks. I'm putting together my build list for the next one. As soon as I'm done with the 54 I'm going to build a 58. Racking my brain on color combo. Already have some features in mind that I didn't do on 62. Like heated seats, back up camera, keyless start. Still no body mods though. I like them stock appearing with exception of wheels. Then once you really look at it you notice the updates. Gonna be hard to top that 62 but I don't want to do cookie cutter cars. Each one needs its own personality.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:53 PM
solidaxel
Melting Slicks

Received 153 Likes on 124 Posts

We'll see what happens. Other than Scottsdale I can't think of an auction that it would do better at. If 62 Does well in Vegas the 54 may end up at Scottsdale. Gonna hit 54 hard starting Monday.
Have you heard where your car ended up?
What is up with your newest build?
Old 02-21-2017, 07:29 AM
91DRM
Team Owner

Received 329 Likes on 229 Posts

Search Brucebodyman several newer threads to check out.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:24 PM
Brucebodyman
Racer

Originally Posted by solidaxel
Have you heard where your car ended up?
What is up with your newest build?
I didn't meet the buyer. My buddy did. He owns a gas and oil co in Texas. Said he would probably keep car at his vacation home in Vegas. I'll be starting a 58 vette Restomod build soon. Took a vette break and am building a 70 Chevelle convertible LS powered Restomod.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:23 AM
Joes64
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Beautiful job!
Old 02-23-2017, 08:47 AM
csherman
Le Mans Master

Received 1,460 Likes on 742 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2018 C1 of Year Finalist

What did you use for seats ?
What did you use for hood latches and pins?
Old 02-23-2017, 08:58 AM
csherman
Le Mans Master

Received 1,460 Likes on 742 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2018 C1 of Year Finalist

Great loooking car.
Simple and not over done
Old 02-23-2017, 09:40 AM
jrs 427
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

Upper side of fantastic. While I appreciate the stock 63 coupes ( especially red / red ) and the original C-1 fuel cars ........... the 61 -62 series is the restomod perfection category.
I have often wondered, when selling at an auction how many buyers can actually appreciate the complete build process with the planning, hours of labor, and the one of touches that make them shine ?
It's a shame the normal blue collar owner living on a budget will never experience the " drive for a day " experience. The short period rental of a solid axle with an LS & suspension mods certainly would lead many owners to contemplate the conversion cost. Italian leather, twenty inch tires, and molded panels add to the total picture, but not one hundred percent necessary. Many of us old gear heads are in it for the loud exhaust, raw power, and the era exterior design. Pie plate street slicks and black steel rims would be my choice. A throw back from days gone by. The C-7 pretty much covers the computer screens, molded leather, and Cadillac luxury design features.

Get notified of new replies

To Just finished 62 Restomod Photo shoot pics

Old 02-23-2017, 09:58 AM
ptjsk
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,955 Likes on 890 Posts

I didn't meet the buyer. My buddy did. He owns a gas and oil co in Texas. Said he would probably keep car at his vacation home in Vegas. I'll be starting a 58 vette Restomod build soon. Took a vette break and am building a 70 Chevelle convertible LS powered Restomod.
Bruce...why deviate? You do such a fantastic job on the Corvette's, don't waste your talent on the Chevelle's! LOL!

I'm sure the Chevelle will turn out incredible as well.

Pat
Old 01-21-2018, 11:10 AM
QIK59
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by jrs 427
Upper side of fantastic. While I appreciate the stock 63 coupes ( especially red / red ) and the original C-1 fuel cars ........... the 61 -62 series is the restomod perfection category.
I have often wondered, when selling at an auction how many buyers can actually appreciate the complete build process with the planning, hours of labor, and the one of touches that make them shine ?
It's a shame the normal blue collar owner living on a budget will never experience the " drive for a day " experience. The short period rental of a solid axle with an LS & suspension mods certainly would lead many owners to contemplate the conversion cost. Italian leather, twenty inch tires, and molded panels add to the total picture, but not one hundred percent necessary. Many of us old gear heads are in it for the loud exhaust, raw power, and the era exterior design. Pie plate street slicks and black steel rims would be my choice. A throw back from days gone by. The C-7 pretty much covers the computer screens, molded leather, and Cadillac luxury design features.
So what does it cost do one of these over - restomod a C1 - ballpark ?
Old 01-21-2018, 01:13 PM
Brucebodyman
Racer

Originally Posted by QIK59
So what does it cost do one of these over - restomod a C1 - ballpark ?
Depends on acquisition cost of car and how nice you build it. If no corners are cut at least 110-120 out of pocket no labor. Start getting adventurous with exotic parts 150 is not unreasonable.
Just because you throw that kind of money at it doesn't mean it will bring 200 or better. That's where builder talent makes the difference.

Quick Reply: Just finished 62 Restomod Photo shoot pics