C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Don Majestic Collection

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 05:44 PM
dugsgms74
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Default Don Majestic Collection

Was down at the local classic car consignment place today and noticed alot of new arrival corvettes. Talked to the owner and was told that long time Yuciapa CA resident Don Majestic unfortunately recently passed away and Corvettes were part of his collection. Apparently (and this story is second hand so can't vouch its absolute authenticity) Don was a business/property owner that was known to be somewhat of a eccentric person and possibly somewhat of a hoarder. Don had never married or had children and upon his passing left his collection of many things, including 20+ Corvettes to the local church. Seems most of the cars were never driven and just stored indoors. Was told that C3 and earlier cars will be auctioned off at a event held by the church while the C4 and later ones are being sold by the consignment place.

Anyhow, about of the cars. Only got a few pic before they started rolling the cars out to be detailed(not sure how I feel about that) and didnt get the full story on whether or not there were more coming.

The 54 aside from the worm style hose clamps looked completely original to me. Latest registration was 1975 and on the dash was the original registration from 1954. Original hoses, GM part numbered wiper blade rubbers and possibly original tires(in no shape to be driven on) and if I remember correctly has less than 70k miles.

The 65(?) was a very original car as well(also last registered in 1975). Knock-offs, side pipes, original carpet and floor mats and original paint showing patina(bonding strip lines and cracking). Didn't get a look at the engine but from a few peeks under the car seemed essentially untouched but showing its mileage(46k).

There were also some 70s C3s there which I was told had fewer miles than the C1 and C2 but didn't get a chance to get a good look at.

The C4s were essentially a who's who of ultra low mileage C4s. The 1995 purple/white pace car had 25 miles, the 1993 ruby red 40th anniversary convt. had 209 miles, the 1990 ruby red ZR1 had 77 miles and the 1986 ruby red Indy pace car convt. had 160 miles, all complete time capsules.

The shop owner said all the cars going to the auction are going to be available for pre-view at his place after detailing so I'm going to try get some more pics then.

Anyhow, heres a few pics.
Attached Images          
Old 02-05-2016, 07:27 PM
leif.anderson93
Le Mans Master

Received 3,098 Likes on 1,866 Posts

The C4s are already listed
http://playtoysclassiccars.com/

Quick Reply: Don Majestic Collection