C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Location of window sticker for show

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 05:42 PM
MOXIE62
Safety Car

Received 333 Likes on 276 Posts

Default Location of window sticker for show

For the ones of you that have window sticker where do you attached it to your car for a show. I have a C2 coupe. If I put it on the drivers door glass then that may block the folks view of inside car. If on the windshield, then maybe people will lean over to read and scratch car. May be on the passenger door glass?
Old 02-23-2016, 05:59 PM
Velox
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 106 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by MOXIE62
For the ones of you that have window sticker where do you attached it to your car for a show. I have a C2 coupe. If I put it on the drivers door glass then that may block the folks view of inside car. If on the windshield, then maybe people will lean over to read and scratch car. May be on the passenger door glass?
For a judging event, Bloomington Gold wants the window sticker attached to the top inside of the passenger door window, last time I went anyway. NCRS does not judge window stickers and they are not to be attached to the car for judging. Any other show it is dealer's choice. Typically, inside top of pass door window or passenger side inside of windshield
Old 02-23-2016, 06:38 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by Velox
For a judging event, Bloomington Gold wants the window sticker attached to the top inside of the passenger door window, last time I went anyway.
All the cars I saw at Bloomington Gold 2015 were the opposite; they had stickers on the driver's side if displayed, not the passenger side.
Attached Images     
Old 02-23-2016, 06:55 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

I stick it down in the rubber molding on the inside of the LH side rear window in the split window -- all the way to the front of the window.

You can barely see it in this, the only pic I have of it in the window. This way I can leave the side windows down so people can enjoy the interior. Believe me, 99% of people haven't a clue where a 60s window sticker originally resided.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Frankie the Fink; 02-23-2016 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:59 PM
Velox
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer6369
All the cars I saw at Bloomington Gold 2015 were the opposite; they had stickers on the driver's side if displayed, not the passenger side.
When I was there with my 64 years ago the instructions were to place the window sticker on the upper inside of the PASS door window. Reviewing other posts on this it seems more recent info is that the window sticker should be placed where it was indicated in the AIM, so for example, a '65 should be on the driver's side door window. Later year cars like 70's apparently were on the pass side. So would defer to Bloomington current guidelines for this answer as I have no recent info. I do recall seeing stickers in various positions, I just was told to put mine on the pass side. I doubt it would be a deduct, just held on with tape, move it if the judge says wrong side
The following users liked this post:
Al T (02-25-2016)
Old 02-23-2016, 07:01 PM
fyreline
Supporting Lifetime
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,267 Likes on 508 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Unmodified
2021 C1 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2016 C1 of the Year Finalist

This is the correct factory placement of the window sicker on a 1962, and that's where I put mine when I show it.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:12 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

When I was there with my 64 years ago the instructions were to place the window sticker on the upper inside of the PASS door window. Reviewing other posts on this it seems more recent info is that the window sticker should be placed where it was indicated in the AIM, so for example, a '65 should be on the driver's side door window. Later year cars like 70's apparently were on the pass side. So would defer to Bloomington current guidelines for this answer as I have no recent info. I do recall seeing stickers in various positions, I just was told to put mine on the pass side. I doubt it would be a deduct, just held on with tape, move it if the judge says wrong side

Yeah the only reason I knew this was I just started showing with mine late in the season and I researched my '15 event pics to see what people were doing. I think I would have rather it on the passenger side so people could see the LH interior better. I will likely put it there at generic shows in the future.

People just love the things.
Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2016, 07:19 PM
Velox
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer6369
:Yeah the only reason I knew this was I just started showing with mine late in the season and I researched my '15 event pics to see what people were doing.
Well I found a reference to Bloomington wanting the sticker placed as in the AIM but not positive what the actual rule states. Anyway I checked my AIM and sure enough for a '67 it goes on the driver's side so that would be as Vettebuyer noted

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 850
Size:  106.5 KB
Old 02-24-2016, 08:01 AM
62corvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 663 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by MOXIE62
How would it block people's vision less on the passenger side less than the driver's side? It's the same size on either window, isn't it?
Old 02-24-2016, 11:37 AM
pop23235
Safety Car

Received 1,023 Likes on 683 Posts

Well I found a reference to Bloomington wanting the sticker placed as in the AIM but not positive what the actual rule states. Anyway I checked my AIM and sure enough for a '67 it goes on the driver's side so that would be as Vettebuyer noted

Attachment 47957576
Hmmmm. Same for 64.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:59 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Originally Posted by 62corvette
How would it block people's vision less on the passenger side less than the driver's side? It's the same size on either window, isn't it?
You are right, it would block the same. My reaction was that if I had to pick a side where I wanted people to see in a window with less obstruction, it was the driver's side. Not that big a difference just personal preference, I think.

Get notified of new replies

To Location of window sticker for show

Quick Reply: Location of window sticker for show