C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

warren biggs chevrolet info ? anyone

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 12:50 AM
pusher_sr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default warren biggs chevrolet info ? anyone

anyone out there have any info (or pictures) of the dealership, Warren Biggs Chevrolet, 205 S Vermont Ave, Los Angeles 4, California. my Mosport Green corvette was bought there in July of 1966 and was curious about it's sale.
thanks. ted
Old 04-18-2016, 05:25 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,683 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Default I dont have much on this one.

But it opened right after World War II in and around 1946. It actually was one of the more modern dealerships with one of the biggest lots of it's time. The original showroom was at 205, but then they added to the general lot and added a more modern two story showroom in the 1960s. The style of the old lot is still apparent by looking at the shopping center that is still there. I think the lot was a lot deeper and it was just a wall lining the back between the two main buildings. I think the underground garage was the Service bays and department. I think they had a partnership dissolution and went out of business in the early 1970s! The modern businesses were build out from that back wall forward! This area is now called Koreatown!

I collect license plate frames (I don't sell any of them!!!!!!) and not sure if I have one of these or not (because I generally focus on the dealerships with some sort of Racing connection or muscle car/performance car history, but the lowrider crowd of the modern turns up cars to have come from this dealership. A lot of the big type cars (Impalas, Caprice, etc.) or older classics. I see the frames on a regular basis, but just not for sale. Our Swap meets have been picked clean by traders of these old Dealership vintage plate frames with prices constantly on the raise. I was just out at the Pomona Swap Meet this last weekend, and saw something from this dealership, but I didn't commit what that was to my memory, as I wasn't specifically looking for dealership stuff! If I come across something else, I will get the guys name and phone number for you!
Old 05-24-2017, 06:44 PM
Trabuco Fred
Heel & Toe

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Warren Biggs Chevrolet

They sponsored Corvettes Ltd for many years. I was a member of Corvettes Ltd from 1963 to 1966. They held their meetings at the dealership during that time. Ltd was/is one of the oldest Corvette clubs. We would take as many as 30 Corvettes to Autocross during that time period.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:40 AM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Trabuco Fred
They sponsored Corvettes Ltd for many years. I was a member of Corvettes Ltd from 1963 to 1966. They held their meetings at the dealership during that time. Ltd was/is one of the oldest Corvette clubs. We would take as many as 30 Corvettes to Autocross during that time period.
We had a thread on dealerships and talked a little about Warren Biggs! They had the under structure car repair bay! Off the top of my head, I thought you guys homebased out of one of the other Dealerships at that time! I would have to pull that out! I am rusty on all of the club history! I get all of them mixed up- the LTD guys, the Unlimited guys etc.

my slalom car car ran against you guys! That owner was with Santa Monica Sports Car Club and went to SMART and then jumped again. You guys hosted one of the Slalom Championship rounds! I could look that up! I have most of those competition year plaques for my guy!

Do do you have any cool old pictures of your car and you and your Club especially at these events (Dodger Stadium, Riverside, Hughes Aircraft, Terminal Island, Adams Racetrack, Irwindale???
Old 05-25-2017, 12:49 AM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

I didn't realize this was that old thread! I previously commented! I came across some added records and misc stuff specific to the slalom events and occasionally I find tidbits on the dealerships! I try to find old dealership ads in things like the racing programs! I don't catalog my stuff very well! Not easy to search stuff down, because I have so much $hit!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 05-25-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To warren biggs chevrolet info ? anyone

Quick Reply: warren biggs chevrolet info ? anyone