C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Help with transmission date code

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 02:58 PM
64Fuel
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Help with transmission date code

Hey all, I have a 64 fuelie convertible and trying to decode the transmission date. The attached pic shows driver side main case with the VIN derivative stamped vertically. This matches the car's VIN, no problem there. Just would like to understand the date of tranny assembly & if it too matches up.

The stamped code lower in the pic, not sure if this a date code or not. There is no stamping at all on the passenger side.

Can anyone help? I have other pics with casting #s, and a bolt tag that matches up with a 64 close ratio Muncie: 3839601

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave P
Minnesota
Attached Images  
Old 06-14-2016, 03:32 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,939 Likes on 1,185 Posts

Originally Posted by 64Fuel
Hey all, I have a 64 fuelie convertible and trying to decode the transmission date. The attached pic shows driver side main case with the VIN derivative stamped vertically. This matches the car's VIN, no problem there. Just would like to understand the date of tranny assembly & if it too matches up.

The stamped code lower in the pic, not sure if this a date code or not. There is no stamping at all on the passenger side.

Can anyone help? I have other pics with casting #s, and a bolt tag that matches up with a 64 close ratio Muncie: 3839601

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave P
Minnesota

P stands for Muncie
10 is October
1 is the first of the month

I am a little confused to see a single "1" for the last digit - would have expected to see "01".

Since this is in a 1964 car, the transmission assembly date must have been in October 1963. What is the VIN and or body assembly date of your car, and how does that October date match up?
Old 06-14-2016, 03:46 PM
64Fuel
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
P stands for Muncie
10 is October
1 is the first of the month

I am a little confused to see a single "1" for the last digit - would have expected to see "01".

Since this is in a 1964 car, the transmission assembly date must have been in October 1963. What is the VIN and or body assembly date of your car, and how does that October date match up?

Thanks tuxnharley,
The body assembly date is B14, or Oct 14 '63, car was no. 2805 in the run.

Dave
Old 06-14-2016, 04:11 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,939 Likes on 1,185 Posts

Originally Posted by 64Fuel
Thanks tuxnharley,
The body assembly date is B14, or Oct 14 '63, car was no. 2805 in the run.

Dave
That all seems to match up!

Glenn
Old 06-14-2016, 05:30 PM
64Fuel
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
That all seems to match up!

Glenn

OK, thanks for the help. That 2 inside the circle looks a little out of place, maybe they couldn't find another zero character I'll go with the October 1, '63 date. It fits with the VIN.

Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Help with transmission date code

Quick Reply: Help with transmission date code