C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

67 Engine Electrical Harness Routing and Clips

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 08:57 PM
karguy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 67 Engine Electrical Harness Routing and Clips

Looking for some assistance re the installation of the engine compartment wiring harness for my 67 SB. Searched the forum in hopes of finding some info and perhaps a few photo but no luck. My questions are:

1. The NCRS Judging manual states that there are 3 plastic loop clips that secure the main electrical harness to the LH inner fender. I only have two holes in my inner fender but based on my read of the AIMs I think I need to install the third hole and clip in the proximity of the horn regulator (about 3” aft of the relay/rad support) but I am not sure on this. Would anyone have a photo of the proper clip locations along the LH inner fender?

2. The electrical harness that runs down the firewall to the starter, which side of the heater box/hose outlets should the harness run?

3. It would be very helpful if someone would post a few photos of the correct routing and clipping for the firewall electrical harness, hood release cable and plastic straps that secure the harness, hood release and washer hose alone the upper firewall. Any photos of the area from one hood latch to the other would be greatly and appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help the forum can give me.

Steve
Old 07-04-2016, 10:32 PM
leif.anderson93
Le Mans Master

Received 3,098 Likes on 1,866 Posts

OK...you say you have the NCRS Judging Guide so you're aware of the three metal clips located along the underside of the hood channel. The ONLY thing that resides in these clips is the hood release cable sheathing...the harness hangs from the cable via six "T" shaped black plastic pull ties. The other question you asked was the third location of the harness retainers along the driver side fender well. As you mentioned, the third retainer is close to the horn relay (see pictures). Hope these help
Attached Images        
Old 07-04-2016, 10:39 PM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

Steve,
1. I have no photo
2. Here are 2 photos:

3.Not sure if correct but years ago when I pulled the engine:

Old 07-05-2016, 05:14 AM
karguy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My thanks to both Lief. Anderson and Rick. The photos provided are going to work perfectly. Steve
Old 09-18-2018, 09:37 AM
Tcheairs38655
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

The only missing info is where the harnesses go after leaving the firewall plug. It looks like in the AIM it turns down and goes under the clutch rod. My 66 has a couple of metal tabs down there under the steering column which I assume would hold the harness(s), then back up to the hood release cable and is tied as per the photos. Can it be assumed that the same routing and strapping would be applicable to a 66 with a TI harness?

Last edited by Tcheairs38655; 09-18-2018 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:17 PM
C.F.P.
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rick, in the 3rd photo, the clip under the heater hoses . Did you just bolt on a
j clip to hold the starter wires? Thanks
Old 04-09-2020, 05:01 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,946 Likes on 4,785 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by C.F.P.
Rick, in the 3rd photo, the clip under the heater hoses . Did you just bolt on a
j clip to hold the starter wires? Thanks
its attached to the heater box stud
Old 04-09-2020, 06:04 PM
C.F.P.
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks....couldn't tell from the AIM, whether bolt on or rivet....

Get notified of new replies

To 67 Engine Electrical Harness Routing and Clips

Quick Reply: 67 Engine Electrical Harness Routing and Clips