C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Kelsey Hayes Brake Bias Adjuster

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 08:17 AM
vetteheadracer
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 26 Posts
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I took my one off of my '65 race car and rebuilt it with new internal gaskets / seals from National Parts Depot.

before

apart

Old 01-04-2017, 08:38 AM
C2Racer
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 234 Posts

Nice job Vettehead!

To follow up, I ran the C3 without any bias adjustment at COTA in November and it had no ill affect. Now the single MC and pumping the pedal does not instill confidence but I was happy with my week. If we had not gotten deluged with a rain out on Sunday afternoon there was one Jag in 3rd place BP I was aiming for........ always a next time?

Steve
Old 01-04-2017, 03:46 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by C2Racer
Nice job Vettehead!

To follow up, I ran the C3 without any bias adjustment at COTA in November and it had no ill affect. Now the single MC and pumping the pedal does not instill confidence but I was happy with my week. If we had not gotten deluged with a rain out on Sunday afternoon there was one Jag in 3rd place BP I was aiming for........ always a next time?

Steve
Glad you had fun at CoTA. It was good to talk with you in your paddock afterwards. You did well. Maybe next year
The following users liked this post:
C2Racer (01-04-2017)
Old 01-04-2017, 06:26 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,683 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteheadracer
I took my one off of my '65 race car and rebuilt it with new internal gaskets / seals from National Parts Depot.

before

apart

The only caution on rebuilding is the inner body on these can get pitted over time. Then that causes some inconsistencies. Your picture doesn't show the inside of the body, and when that happens there were people that used to sleeve these units. The piston also is another piece to inspect carefully. We can't see that very well in your picture.

Also just to make sure you didn't get a bum foreign crap rebuild kit, I would soak the gaskets in your preferred brake fluid for a couple of days, prior to putting that thing back together! Just to check for fluid incompatibility of the gasket materials.

Last edited by TCracingCA; 01-04-2017 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:46 PM
coupe64
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default proportioning valve

As far as how it works or what to do with it, you should call Ken at Lonestar Caliper, there in Texas. Ken rebuilds them, and if you don't want it or need it, he'll buy it, as he's always looking for Corvette brake and steering cores, including the J-56 proportioning valves.

I spoke to Lonestar They dont rebuild them anymore !

Quick Reply: Kelsey Hayes Brake Bias Adjuster