C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Defroster cable position

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 07:51 PM
fred kay
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Defroster cable position

Can anybody show me how the defroster cable is routed from the pull **** going behind the dash down to the defroster trap door mechanism. It seems to go from the back of the **** over the top of the heater box,around the back (by the electric plug connection) and then under the box and then goes behind the radio where it attaches to the trap door. Only problem is the cable hangs down into passenger compartment somewhat. The cable is pretty stiff and not easy to push out of the way. Anyone have a diagram? It's a 65 with no a/c. Thanks
Old 12-16-2016, 11:00 PM
fredski
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Cable routing

I need to know as well as I m replacing one which was cut off and missing on my car when purchased. Only noticed after buying car.

Fredski
Old 12-16-2016, 11:35 PM
Velox
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 106 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by fred kay
Can anybody show me how the defroster cable is routed from the pull ****... Anyone have a diagram?
Here is the routing in a '66, I would think '65 is the same. Advise you always check your copy of the AIM for this information, it is usually in there somewhere! For this example, the cable marked "5" is the routing you are asking about!

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 999
Size:  322.4 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  90.9 KB
Old 12-16-2016, 11:36 PM
buns
Safety Car

Received 690 Likes on 537 Posts

You might get some help from this thread.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...d-process.html

Unfortunately, the pictures are small and get fuzzy when you blow them up.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:05 AM
fred kay
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks Velox. The defroster cable is running just as it shows in diagram B. What looks off is the fact that the cable sits kind of low in the foot well and rests on the outside ledge of the radio side panel heat duct. Maybe that's the way it's supposed to be or maybe it gets tucked behind the radio panel and rest s on the heater exit duct. Maybe somebody has a straight on photo looking from the seat to under the glove box to see how the cable sits. Thanks again guys.

Get notified of new replies

To Defroster cable position

Quick Reply: Defroster cable position