C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Your Vintage Corvette Needs LED Headlights Immediately

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 12:41 PM
Corvette Forum Editor
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 145 Likes on 95 Posts
Default Your Vintage Corvette Needs LED Headlights Immediately

Old halogen sealed beam headlamps are very easy to "outdrive." So you need a set of LED lamps to keep up with your fast Chevy.

Read the rest on the Corvette Forum homepage. >>
Old 06-07-2017, 01:20 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

I have LED's for the rear lights but I can not think of one time (not that there may be some day) that I have drove my 67 or any of my Vettes in the dark at night. Besides that is a C 3 and you should have posted a price for the LED front lights as well as the rear lights.

(Edited)

Oh I forgot to pass this along. If you get LED lights in your C 2 them NCRS I am sure will dock you points for that little non original change in your car. So do you want safety or do you want NCRS points??? I go with the safety part.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 06-07-2017 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Promotion of Non Supporting Vendor removed
Old 06-07-2017, 10:59 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,683 Likes on 1,005 Posts

I have megawatt H4s in Marchal housings/lenses!

I will I'll call your LEDs and just raised you!I do have to tap them off on two lane roads for on coming traffic and can see what is happening inside every car I follow!
Old 06-08-2017, 12:36 PM
waynec
Drifting

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette Forum Editor
Old halogen sealed beam headlamps are very easy to "outdrive." So you need a set of LED lamps to keep up with your fast Chevy.
I "read the rest on the Corvette Forum homepage", but it's not clear to me what is involved when it says "If you can avoid it, don’t get the “drop in” style LED bulbs for later cars, instead opt for a complete replacement housing, as the replacement bulbs are much more difficult to properly aim."

Would have been nice if there were links to specific (suggested) vendor offerings, photos, and/or a "how to" write-up.

Get notified of new replies

To Your Vintage Corvette Needs LED Headlights Immediately

Quick Reply: Your Vintage Corvette Needs LED Headlights Immediately