C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C2] What spare parts to keep in glove box?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 09:26 AM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,944 Likes on 4,783 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by DSR
With all these long lists of parts and tools. It sounds like a lot of you have very un-dependable cars. Try doing the maintenance and skip the spare parts and tools!

it would be funny when they go to sell there car yeah this car you cant leave town without a toll box and this big box of spare parts. hell I don't trust it past my drive way
Old 07-23-2017, 10:07 AM
MikeM
Team Owner

Received 1,843 Likes on 1,398 Posts

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
it would be funny when they go to sell there car yeah this car you cant leave town without a toll box and this big box of spare parts. hell I don't trust it past my drive way
That is how the Brits used to sell their new cars. With tools and manual on board.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:19 AM
DSR
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by nowhere man
it would be funny when they go to sell there car Yeah this car you cant leave town without a toll box and this big box of spare parts. Hell i don't trust it past my drive way :d
lol
Old 07-23-2017, 01:31 PM
mrg
Safety Car

Received 547 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by DSR
With all these long lists of parts and tools. It sounds like a lot of you have very un-dependable cars. Try doing the maintenance and skip the spare parts and tools!
For all the attention our cars receive I doubt most here consider their ride undependable. .. New parts can fail (coil, fuel pump in my experience). Close to home with phone and AAA card, all good. On long road trips, bringing some extra parts and tools along is prudent, IMO. .. Saved my bacon a couple of times.
John
Old 07-25-2017, 09:13 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

I got my driver's license in 1956 when I was 15, driving a buddy's 1953 MG-TD. I remember reading the owner's manual the day before the test to familiarize myself with the car, and in the "Maintenance" section (biggest part of the manual) it showed how to fix a spun rod or main bearing shell (yup, on the side of the road) using a length of leather cut from your belt so you could get to a real mechanic without help.

Quick Reply: [C2] What spare parts to keep in glove box?