C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

See Ohio Police stop Corvette going wrong way on interstate

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 07:13 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

Default See Ohio Police stop Corvette going wrong way on interstate

Check out the Ohio State Highway Police using a Cruiser to Stop a Corvette driving the wrong way on Highway. You can't fix STUPID. Click on Video.

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2017/...erm=2017-07-25

Last edited by Mike Terry; 07-25-2017 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:26 PM
rongold
Drifting

Location: Putnam Valley, New York. Amateur Radio Operator K2NS
Received 163 Likes on 116 Posts

Default Bombed

The gut looked like he could hardly stand up straight. Guaranteed he was bombed !!!

RON
Old 07-25-2017, 09:42 PM
R66
Le Mans Master

Received 1,534 Likes on 1,036 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Terry
Check out the Ohio State Highway Police using a Cruiser to Stop a Corvette driving the wrong way on Highway. You can't fix STUPID. Click on Video.

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2017/...erm=2017-07-25
I guess I have to be the bad guy.

So, what was the blood alcohol content. Was it opioids, dementia, bad eye sight, etc. Looks like an internet conviction to me.

We are provided the visual version of the arrest, but no one wants to know the defendants side of the story. Something about innocent until proven guilty unless in the democratic USA?? I think there used to be something in the constitution as well as the bible about this.

Not sorry, I served for the constitutional rights of all, not conviction by the ignorant.

Ron
Old 07-25-2017, 10:00 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Looks like he hit the Police car before coming to a complete stop. I bet his insurance man is going to have fun with that claim.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:52 PM
3JsVette
Race Director

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,644 Posts

Driving impaired, hit a police car, all on video, can't imagine what his insurance premium will be if he can even renew his policy the next time.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:43 AM
SonnyAK
Melting Slicks

Received 676 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by R66

So, what was the blood alcohol content. Was it opioids, dementia, bad eye sight, etc. Looks like an internet conviction to me.

We are provided the visual version of the arrest, but no one wants to know the defendants side of the story. Something about innocent until proven guilty unless in the democratic USA?? I think there used to be something in the constitution as well as the bible about this.

Not sorry, I served for the constitutional rights of all, not conviction by the ignorant.

Ron

I'm more than ready to give someone the benefit of the doubt...But, driving the wrong way on an interstate, during the daytime, in clear weather...I'd love to hear a good excuse or defense for that one?
Old 07-26-2017, 08:03 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,553 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Been involved in a few of these on The Mid Cape Highway in the summer. They usually occur at night and the drivers are so drunk they can barely stand. They usually enter the highway going up an off ramp. Breathalyzers, when they take them, are .25 to .30. Pretty dangerous for the police and the public. When they are reported we would try to stop traffic at the next exit to avoid head ons.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:29 AM
PAmotorman
Melting Slicks

Received 150 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by capevettes
Been involved in a few of these on The Mid Cape Highway in the summer. They usually occur at night and the drivers are so drunk they can barely stand. They usually enter the highway going up an off ramp. Breathalyzers, when they take them, are .25 to .30. Pretty dangerous for the police and the public. When they are reported we would try to stop traffic at the next exit to avoid head ons.
why are not these off ramps equipped the same spring loaded devices used at some parking lots where if you enter from the wrong direction so you don't have to pay it punctures your tires.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:10 AM
MosportGreen66
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by PAmotorman
why are not these off ramps equipped the same spring loaded devices used at some parking lots where if you enter from the wrong direction so you don't have to pay it punctures your tires.
Because if there is any incident (where cars have to exit the wrong way, I'm thinking weather evacuations) or the car rolls in traffic the state(s) will have an unimaginable number of law suits / claims from very unhappy drivers. Especially those in manual transmission cars. Not all on ramps have a downhill pitch.

I won't comment who is right or wrong here, I think that's self explanatory even though we only know one side of the story. I will say we should all be thankful that the driver as well as the police officers had limited to minor injuries. This could have ended way worse for the motorists on the highway, the police and the driver of the vette.

Best,
Dave

Last edited by MosportGreen66; 07-26-2017 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:24 AM
colo63sw
Safety Car

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by R66

Ron
SO WHAT! Any of the things you mention bolded above deserve yanking the guys license with the video evidence. Can’t see; and driving a car???? Give me a break.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:29 AM
PAmotorman
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by MosportGreen66
Because if there is any incident (where cars have to exit the wrong way, I'm thinking weather evacuations) or the car rolls in traffic the state(s) will have an unimaginable number of law suits / claims from very unhappy drivers. Especially those in manual transmission cars. Not all on ramps have a downhill pitch.

I won't comment who is right or wrong here, I think that's self explanatory even though we only know one side of the story. I will say we should all be thankful that the driver as well as the police officers had limited to minor injuries. This could have ended way worse for the motorists on the highway, the police and the driver of the vette.

Best,
Dave
how can you exit the wrong way ?? these go on the off rams only and if you enter a off ramp going the wrong direction to get on the interstate which would against traffic on the interstate your tires are flattened. what is this about manual transmissions ?? what is this about a down hill pitch ??

Last edited by PAmotorman; 07-26-2017 at 11:30 AM.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:18 PM
haccpguy
54 Vette Rod
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Another OVI accident 4 years ago (convicted). He needs help for his "problem".
Hope they take away his license for good.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:25 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by PAmotorman
There has been alot of recent discussion here in Mass. about installing these since there have been some fatal MVA's as a result of these wrong way drivers.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:05 PM
dahogan
Enjoy while you can.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,686 Likes on 1,273 Posts
Ohio Events Coordinator
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by haccpguy
Another OVI accident 4 years ago (convicted). He needs help for his "problem".
Hope they take away his license for good.
before he kills someone.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:18 PM
Tampa Jerry
Le Mans Master

Received 1,328 Likes on 960 Posts

Default Wrong way

I'm over here in the Tampa Bay area and this type of accident happens all too often. We have at least 4-5 in the past few years. How drunk do you have to be? Jerry
Old 07-26-2017, 03:52 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

Originally Posted by SonnyAK
I'm more than ready to give someone the benefit of the doubt...But, driving the wrong way on an interstate, during the daytime, in clear weather...I'd love to hear a good excuse or defense for that one?
I wouldn't.

If your doing something that will kill me I don't much care about the reason. We've had several tragic, horrible wrong way deaths this summer on I-75 and I-4. One was senility the other caused by substance abuse. I'm sure the dead victims don't care which it was.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:17 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

The thing is just because you take away someones license don't mean that they will not drive. We had a guy at work (when I worked years ago) who had his licensed suspended for life twice. So he could die and be reincarnated and still could not get a drivers license. But he drove every day to work and where ever else he wanted to go. It was all do to drinking and driven. Not having a drivers license is not going to stop someone who wants to drive. Just like here in Indiana you must have insurance to drive but about 20 percent of drivers do not have insurance but they still drive.

Get notified of new replies

To See Ohio Police stop Corvette going wrong way on interstate

Old 07-26-2017, 04:20 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

For real.
Watch two back-to-back episodes of COPS and count the illegal drivers.
It's not even debatable.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:51 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
For real.
Watch two back-to-back episodes of COPS and count the illegal drivers.
It's not even debatable.
We locked up some of the same people so many times for operating after revocation, we used to joke that their license to walk should be revoked. I arrested the same guy twice in one night for Operating under the influence and after revocation. He blew a .20 at 6 PM, got bailed and blew a .23 at 2 AM. He accused me of harrassement i:willywilly
Old 07-26-2017, 06:56 PM
PAmotorman
Melting Slicks

the was a township cop killed this way near here. 2 times I have had someone coming at me because they were going the wrong way and I had time and room to change lanes on the same road the cop was killed. divided highways are a problem as some people just make a mistake and turn the wrong way.

Quick Reply: See Ohio Police stop Corvette going wrong way on interstate