C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

What States still have car inspections

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 01:29 PM
pop23235
Safety Car

Received 1,031 Likes on 689 Posts

I've been concerned by noticing insurance companies that used to sell insurance (payment) by the 6 months or 12 month policy, are now selling monthly (payment). Seems an encouragement for fraud that you speak of.

Last edited by pop23235; 08-03-2017 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:43 PM
Redbird
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 579 Likes on 312 Posts
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2016 C2 of Year Finalist

Almost all major insurance companies have gone to 6 or 12 month policies, but let you pay the premiums monthly , quarterly, semi-annual or annual. Most people can pay 6 or 12 months at once. There are also, as I call them, the fly by night companies that sell liability policies for $20, for a monthly policy. They can then go and get their license and registration, state inspections, etc. and then let the policy lapse.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:41 PM
out2kayak
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 271 Likes on 129 Posts

Thinking on this thread today and I found myself getting more and more irate.

I suppose that the reason I was getting irate is all of the costs and time these programs inflict on everyone and the lack of competence and any benefit I may receive from such programs.

You already know if your driving a clunker with issues -- part of the reason it is in that state is that you don't have the money to deal with the issue. Having these extra taxes does not resolve the situation.

If the police see a car in operation on public streets that is not driven safely, they should take the appropriate action. In other words, people should govern their own affairs and if they prove they can't do that there should be a hefty contribution to the local community pot for that irresponsible person.

Sorry for the rant -- had to get that off my chest.

Quick Reply: What States still have car inspections