C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C2] Carpet Kit help, please? And a silly question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 01:26 AM
Bulldog1008
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carpet Kit help, please? And a silly question.

Hi - I need to install a new carpet kit for my 67 roadster. On eBay they have these molded kits - see link, or should I buy the normal multiple piece kit from Al Knoch. The molded is more expensive, but that does not mean anything, so I just wanted to get some opinions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-67-Chev...d6GXaA&vxp=mtr

Silly question -
Is jute padding the same as sound deadner padding? Do I need one or both with carpet kit?

Thank you for looking!
Old 08-25-2017, 06:20 AM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,943 Likes on 4,782 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Ask the seller if it's Knoch or ACC carpet.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:27 AM
mike coletta
Safety Car

Received 1,067 Likes on 513 Posts

65-67 carpet is "molded" from all of the vendors. 63-4 carpet is pieces. Factory carpet had the jute backing. Not the same as sound deadner. If you get it with the jute, it will be cut and glued to the carpet.

Last edited by mike coletta; 08-25-2017 at 06:28 AM.
Old 08-27-2017, 06:54 PM
SeeYah
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 46 Posts

When pricing carpet, also investigate Rock Auto. They offer ACC carpet at very attractive pricing and the freight cost is pretty cheap versus the usual sellers. The carpet is drop shipped from ACC. I bought two different sets for C3s from them but they also offer C2 year carpet. The carpet was excellent. They always have a 5-10% coupon that you can find on the internet.
Old 08-27-2017, 07:42 PM
R66
Le Mans Master

Received 1,534 Likes on 1,036 Posts

Originally Posted by Bulldog1008
Hi - I need to install a new carpet kit for my 67 roadster. On eBay they have these molded kits - see link, or should I buy the normal multiple piece kit from Al Knoch. The molded is more expensive, but that does not mean anything, so I just wanted to get some opinions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-67-Chev...d6GXaA&vxp=mtr

Silly question -
Is jute padding the same as sound deadner padding? Do I need one or both with carpet kit?

Thank you for looking!
Don't know about the sound deadener on Corvettes, but the 1st Gen Camaros that I restored had a sound deadener glued to the floor pan and the carpet also had the jute pad on the bottom. The new carpet fit well with the original sound deadener, not so well without it.
I bought the ACC carpet, won't mention the retailer for chance of violation of our supporting vendors, and was about as good as the original and the samples I requested were as good or better than the other manufacturer I got samples from. The third manufacturer would not send samples, so I would not buy his product.
Request samples, do some research and make your decision, things might have changed in the last 10 months since I bought the ACC product.

Ron
Ron
Old 08-27-2017, 10:19 PM
Bulldog1008
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you!

Get notified of new replies

To Carpet Kit help, please? And a silly question.

Quick Reply: [C2] Carpet Kit help, please? And a silly question.