C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Any one use the Corso Feroce LT-15 wheel on a C2?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 11:32 AM
JLMICCA
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Any one use the Corso Feroce LT-15 wheel on a C2?

I know there is a similar thread asking about 15 in wheels for a C2 but I didn't want to hijack the tread. I heard about the Grant 930 and it looks nice. It appears the Grand 929 is similar but Mahogany. Anyone have experience with that? But my main question is this: I came across the Corso Feroce LT-15 https://www.ecklers.com/corvette/cor...-379140-1.html

Anyone have experience with this? I like the wood with the finger grips. It appears to be flat but comes with a spacer to allow mounting on '67 and later 'Vettes.
Old 08-27-2017, 12:59 AM
JLMICCA
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

So I did a little more research on this and found out the following: Although the Corso Feroce LT-15 looks like the Grant 930 (or 929 if you prefer Mahogany), there is a difference. The Grant 929-930 are 14.5 inches in diameter with a 3 inch dish while the Corso Feroce LT-15 is 15 inch with a 4 inch dish. I know the original was 16 inch but I do not know the original dish.
Come to think of it, going down from a 16 to 14.5 may result in the need for a lesser dish. I know others have liked the Grand 929 or 930 and they would seem to fit the bill (personally I like the idea of the Mahogany for my black '63 vert with black interior and red carpet) but I was curious about anyone's use of the LT-15. I'll see if I have some spare wheels to mock up before I pull the trigger.
It just occurred to me it would have been better if I specified steering wheel in the title of this thread...

Quick Reply: Any one use the Corso Feroce LT-15 wheel on a C2?