C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C2] 1967 Seat Back Locks - Help/Quesion

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 08:11 PM
babbah
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 103 Likes on 97 Posts

Default 1967 Seat Back Locks - Help/Quesion

In my 67, My Passenger Seat locks as it should. My Drivers Seat does not Lock (Latch). You can pull the seat forward without touching the the release Lever.

I have the seat back off and all parts are in place. I can push the hook ("Fork" #8 See AIM Diagram Below) to the closed position but it does not "click and Lock" like my passenger seat does. It springs right back to the "non locked position.

What part(s) enable the Lever to latch closed? I suspect that #8 the fork locks on #3 "Lever"

Does the fork #8 have some notches on it that enable it to stay locked and not spring back open? What does it latch to to lock?

And how the heck do you get in there to replace the fork and lever parts - The lock mount is welded to the seat back frame? Does the "cover #6" come off? How?

Your help is greatly depreciated.
Pictures would be awesome as well.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:18 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,997 Likes on 4,813 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

the plastic cover just pops off.

number 8 does have notches for keeping it open and closed. the spring helps this.

when I last did this I was working with a bare frame
The following users liked this post:
babbah (11-21-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 08:47 PM
babbah
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 103 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
the plastic cover just pops off.

number 8 does have notches for keeping it open and closed. the spring helps this.

when I last did this I was working with a bare frame
Yes I just looked again and the plastic cover is facing the seat cushion - so the entire cushion needs to be removed - OR just undo the latch side of the cushion so I can get in there - but bare frame would be the way to go to fix this issue. Will try to get er done wo taking off the entire cushion. Thanks!
Old 11-21-2017, 11:45 PM
Mike67nv
Melting Slicks

Received 273 Likes on 194 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist
2015 C2 of the Year Finalist

Here's a pic of the latch mechanism. You can see how the release and #9 rod pull the #3 lever away from the notched #8 fork allowing the seat back lock to disengage.

The following users liked this post:
babbah (11-22-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To 1967 Seat Back Locks - Help/Quesion

Quick Reply: [C2] 1967 Seat Back Locks - Help/Quesion