C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C2] Inspection check list

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 01:39 PM
66RBS
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

Default Inspection check list

I don't want to steal Elwood13's post so I will start another

Does someone have a word document of check list items to look for when inspecting a C2?

Randy
Old 02-19-2018, 02:07 PM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,333 Posts

Oohh, that's a good one.

I would start with the NCRS judging guide for the year, then add the AIM for items like the birdcage, then add Colvin's parts number book to confirm matching numbers (since it has such a major effect on selling price). But that's just a start.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:04 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,316 Posts

I have a 7 page check list I use when doing pre-purchase inspections, created and refined as a result of doing a number of inspections. Considering the time and effort I put into developing it, I'm not really interested in putting it out on the internet, but I will give you an overview of what it includes.

The first page is just a cover page, that includes the seller's info, buyers info, basic description of the car and my travel and report time info. The second page is an operations check list, covering lamps, gauges, radio, and the way the car starts and drives.

Pages 3 through 7 are an engine page, interior page, exterior page, paint page and a chassis page.

The engine page is a checklist of everything under the hood. The first item on the engine sheet is the engine stampings and block castings, so I start my inspections with this sheet. The interior page has spaces to record the VIN and Trim Tag info, along with the mileage.

The exterior and paint pages work together. Body fit (and condition/damage), glass, all exterior trim, lamps, and wheels and tires are checked with the exterior page, and paint, wheel lips, weatherstrip and soft top and/or hardtop are inspected with the paint page. The chassis page also covers the starter, trans, rear end and front and rear valance panels.
The following users liked this post:
66RBS (02-19-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Inspection check list

Quick Reply: [C2] Inspection check list