C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

62 paint job

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 04:32 PM
teddycarnut
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Default 62 paint job

I have a 62 vette ready to be painted and reassembled. a ll body work has been done to perfection. Car is in shop for over 3 years. Expert shop owner is too busy to complete job I have paid him for the work done so far and I can't get him to finish job. I live near Jacksonville and St Augustine Fl. Any suggestions who I could take the car to. Hate to do it but I can,t take his excuses and more. Will be 3rd summer. If you knoweany guality shops or I can get him to finish lob.
Old 05-25-2018, 04:45 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

Burke's Corvette in Maitland, FL...
They painted my split window.....they aren't quick either but if all the prep is done you simply won't get a better paint job. Talk to Tim (shop owner) or his son Zach: four-oh-7 five-3-nine - one seven 1 seven...

Tell them Frank with the red split window referred you... Tim stays slammed so scheduling is sometimes a challenge...

Another option is Fred Swartzlander out of Apopka, one-man-show but does top work:

four-oh-seven 4 -eight-3 eight-6-1-six

Again tell him Frank with the red split window referred you...

I would refer you to my good pal Mike Coletta but he says he's hung up his Bink's spray gun for good - if he's interested he will get in touch with you here - wouldn't count on it though...

Fair warning though what your current shop thinks is "perfection" might not cut the mustard with any of the people above. Many top painters won't touch a project that they didn't do the body work on themselves.
Attached Images   

Last edited by Frankie the Fink; 05-25-2018 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-25-2018, 04:49 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,220 Likes on 2,302 Posts

Why did you have to splint the window, did you break it?
Old 05-25-2018, 04:58 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Army

Originally Posted by 65GGvert
Why did you have to splint the window, did you break it?
I pretty much broke the living crap out of it two years ago....as most know!
Old 05-25-2018, 05:06 PM
teddycarnut
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Frankie the fish

I have taken your advice many times on the forum. I trust you, and will call them once I figure out your phone # code. I know its hard but if the prework is 100% done. What is a fair estimated price in your opinion. Thank you Teddy
Old 05-25-2018, 05:10 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Army

The "code" is so damned Internet robots don't scrape off the phone number and start spam calling my friends....

I'd prefer you talk to the folks themselves about cost... Not sure they'll want to commit until they've seen the workmanship by the other shop. It may mean a trailer ride down here but U-haul one day is only about $58...

You may well find somebody closer up there but I don't know anyone...
Old 05-25-2018, 06:10 PM
emdoller
Melting Slicks

Received 479 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
Burke's Corvette in Maitland, FL...
They painted my split window.....they aren't quick either but if all the prep is done you simply won't get a better paint job. Talk to Tim (shop owner) or his son Zach: four-oh-7 five-3-nine - one seven 1 seven...

Tell them Frank with the red split window referred you... Tim stays slammed so scheduling is sometimes a challenge...

Another option is Fred Swartzlander out of Apopka, one-man-show but does top work:

four-oh-seven 4 -eight-3 eight-6-1-six

Again tell him Frank with the red split window referred you...

I would refer you to my good pal Mike Coletta but he says he's hung up his Bink's spray gun for good - if he's interested he will get in touch with you here - wouldn't count on it though...

Fair warning though what your current shop thinks is "perfection" might not cut the mustard with any of the people above. Many top painters won't touch a project that they didn't do the body work on themselves.
That red looks AMAZING!!!

Ed
Old 05-25-2018, 11:19 PM
ptjsk
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,901 Likes on 883 Posts

Originally Posted by teddycarnut
I have a 62 vette ready to be painted and reassembled. a ll body work has been done to perfection. Car is in shop for over 3 years. Expert shop owner is too busy to complete job I have paid him for the work done so far and I can't get him to finish job. I live near Jacksonville and St Augustine Fl. Any suggestions who I could take the car to. Hate to do it but I can,t take his excuses and more. Will be 3rd summer. If you knoweany guality shops or I can get him to finish lob.
Damn....that's crazy! Tied up for that long at a body shop?

Also, looks like you have been more than fair giving the guy plenty of time to get it done.

Seems like the best way to get it is to just show up with a trailer.

Hopefully, the body shop will know where all of your pieces are at.

I think I would get it out of there, and take up Frankie's suggestion about his body and paint guy.

That red color on his '63 looks incredible.

Good luck and keep us informed.

Pat
Old 05-25-2018, 11:31 PM
Robert61
Safety Car

Received 1,534 Likes on 1,067 Posts

I hope since you asked this on a forum you'll come back and give the definitive answer once you find out.

Get notified of new replies

To 62 paint job

Quick Reply: 62 paint job